About The River

Friday, February 4, 2022

A Little of This and That

 

A friend shared this poem with me.. I would like to share it with you.

 

I can't get enough of wandering. Or the earth. 

Some of us carry an inherent need to explore.

Textures.

Fragrances.

Sounds.

Art.

Shadows.

Movement.

Patterns.

Light.

Victoria Erickson author of Edgewater 

 

Do you remember my indoor garden that I shared? Click on the below link..

Creating an Amaryliss and Narcissus Garden 

 That wee little garden has been bright and cheery for us.

 

I love the color of this Amaryllis.

My second Amaryllis did not bloom.  I will keep my bulb and try again next season.

Have you ever had that happen? I just got two big lovely green leaves from my second Amaryliss bulb.


My husband and I stopped in a fun little shop located in our little village..

Seventies Shop


 

It was a fun shop.


 We came home with a few treasures.

 

A bad photo on my part.. but a sweet little green vase.. perfect for a petite flower bouquet.


 

An amber candle holder .. to go with my other amber candle holder.


 

We are going to accent our kitchen with chickens. This little hen will have a new home in our new to us kitchen.



 ♥

Carla

 

16 comments:

  1. Cute accent for your new kitchen. How is construction coming along? My paperwhites I've been trying to force since Thanksgiving are turning into duds. One is finally blooming, but the other one just has leaves....I don't think it will bloom. I love amaryllis, but I've never forced them before...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to be in that little shop. The sewing machine got my attention. I would have probably have taken that home with me if it's in working condition. The cabinet looks to be in perfect condition. I probably would have taken that little chicken home too. It looks like a butter dish if I'm not mistaken. It's always difficult to judge the size of objects in a photo unless there is something to give perspective.

    Your Amaryllis looks beautiful. I've never tried to grow one. Better luck with the other one next year.

    It looks like you have no snow on the ground. We are in the middle of a big winter storm.

    Take care,
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, I would love browsing through that shop. You found some delightful things. You know, that white chicken looks like milk glass, which I like, and the green vase is pretty. The conversation candy hearts are delightful. I still have to get some. It's just not Valentine's Day without them. What a fun post, Carla. I love this and that posts the most.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would so much love to shop in the Seventies Store! Your white amaryllis is so heavenly and delicate looking. The white shade is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun place and you got some treasures. I have a set of those little white chicken casserole dishes. They are so cute. I cannot wait to see your kitchen. Happy Friday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a really fun shop to browse and it has coffee and goodies! Yes, please! Happy February!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute little shop! Love your small treasures, particularly the green vase. The little hen is precious too. I've wanted to collect those. Easier to care for than my real chickens, lol. Especially during these cold days of Winter. We love amaryllis but haven't had any recently, I hope your dormant bulb will produce next year! Jan in MA

    ReplyDelete
  8. That poem in very nice. The plants that have grown are lovely. The little shop does look like fun. I like the treasures you found. I have roosters in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your vintage finds! What a cute shop. I had a paperwhite not bloom once. Lots and lots of leaves, no blooms! But the bulb disintegrated or dessicated and I did not get a return visit from it the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that shop...could spend all day in there! Hope things go well in your kitchen this week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun little store. The amaryllis is so pretty. I hope the second one blooms for you next time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet finds, Carla. Can't wait to see your kitchen! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't grow anything -- least of all indoors -- but I think that amaryllis are so beautiful and fascinating. I love your little hen! Your kitchen is going to be so darling. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!