About The River

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

It is a Happy Valentine's Day Hodgepodge!

 

Hello Friends,

It is Wednesday and that means it is time for the Hodgepodge.

Joyce asks the questions.

We answer the questions.

Click here to join the fun! 

 1. Besides the predictable name-rank-serial number, what's something you know by heart?

I have many childhood songs that I know by heart. If you find me weeding my garden, you might also hear me singing.

 2. Something recently that had you tickled pink?

 Last Saturday, both our boys came over for a visit. We are in the middle of a kitchen re-model, so pizza from our local pizza place, Stone Oven was on the menu. The pizza was delicious and catching up with the boys made it a perfect day. And the two BIG hugs I received, tickled me pink.

3. How do you define the word romantic, and are you one?

My definition of romantic is.. taking time to think about the one you love, making time to do something special or unexpected every once in awhile. 

I am.

4. Finish this verse with your own original thought....'Roses are red, violets are blue...

 Roses are red, violets are blue.. and the United States of America is a true miracle.

 5. Five little things you are loving right now? 

♥ the days are getting longer

 ♥ pink sunsets

 ♥ hot lemon ginger tea

 ♥  toasted homemade sourdough bread with butter

 ♥ new flannel pj's

 6. Insert your own random thought here. 

 

I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.

Audrey Hepburn

 

17 comments:

  1. All beautiful answers sweet friend. Happy Wednesday. Glad you had some time with the boys this past weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so nice that your sons had you tickled pink! I forgot about songs and there are a lot in my head. :) Thanks for your visit. Happy Hodgepodge to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely answers Carla, you made me smile! So happy you had a pizza party with your precious boys! Can't wait to see your kitchen remodel when you finish! And I love to sing too, have lots of songs that come to mind as I work in the garden too! Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to have a get together with your boys. I'm not great at remembering words to songs but I'll often be humming something. Probably lullabys with all the grandkids around lol. Love the random thought you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your answers and I'm glad that the boys came for a visit. Pizza always is a good choice when the occasion appears.

    Spring is only 39 days away. It's getting closer every day.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your five things! How is the re-model going? I hope you will be showing photos. Are you doing before and after?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, can't be into Valentines Day or Pink...

    Due to my last post.

    ❓❓❓❓❓❓

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice your boys came for a visit. Hugs are always nice too! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww such a good one! I'm loving the longer days too. The sunrises have been beautiful too. I remember songs from my childhood...if they get stuck in my head I'm in trouble. :) Yay for pizza, sons and big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the you sing when you are gardening. So glad the boys visited with you. Yes I love your thoughts on being romantic. Yes, I love you five things!! Your random is so beautiful. Take care. Enjoy the rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having read this I believed it was really enlightening.
    I appreciate you finding the time and effort to put this
    article together. I once again find myself personally spending a significant amount
    of time both reading and commenting. But so what,
    it was still worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Attractive portion of content. I just stumbled upon your
    blog and in accession capital to claim that I get in fact loved
    account your weblog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing in your augment and even I achievement you get entry to constantly quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this website.

    It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's difficult to get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and appearance.
    I must say that you've done a very good job with this. In addition, the blog loads super fast for me on Safari.
    Superb Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, i think that i saw you visited my website thus
    i came to “return the favor”.I'm trying to find things to improve my website!I suppose its ok to use a
    few of your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can imagine how tickled you were at having the boys for a visit!
    Now craving a piece of sourdough toast!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Truly wonderful hodgepodge today, Carla. I'm so glad you had that time with your boys. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awwwww. I be1ieve in the hea1ing power of knitting in my 1ife. I be1ieve a bad day does not mean a bad week. I be1ieve in a great therapist.

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!