About The River

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Kitty, Kitty, Kitty and it is the Hodgepodge!

 

Meet Penelope

My friend Deb gifted me some shells from the beach walks she took during a visit to Florida. Penelope loved them just as much as me.

It is Wednesday that means it is time for the Hodgepodge.

Joyce asks the questions.

We answer the questions.

Click here to join the fun! 

 

 1. August 8th is National Cat Day. Do you own a cat? Are you a 'cat person'? Your favorite 'famous' cat?

We do own a cat. 

A story about our cat Penelope... aka "That Cat" !!!

We purchased a new rug and she made sure it was Penelope approved. The rug set for 24 hours before placing our dining table and chairs on it.




 

  Yes, I am a cat person. 

My favorite famous cat is, Catbert.

 Catbert is a red fictional cat, and the "evil director of human resources" in the Dilbert comic strip. He was supposed to be a one-time character but resonated with readers so well that Adams brought him back as the HR director.

 2. Cat nap-copycat-scaredy cat-curiosity killed the cat-cat got your tongue-like herding cats...which cat phrase applies to your life in some way currently? Explain. 

Cat nap ... Friday  I had a very busy morning and early afternoon. At 3:00 PM I laid down and enjoyed a fantastic Cat nap.

 3. What's your favorite or most- often-made one pot meal?  

Cowboy Beans

  4. What do you wish you'd placed in a time capsule fifteen years ago? 

A vax for common sense... where has it gone?

5. Your favorite hour of the day? Tell us why.   

I love my mornings in the garden. It is peaceful, me, the birds, plants and bugs.

6. Insert your own random thought here.    

 

 For today's random I have to share the above photo of the little fellas being held by daddy.

My post about the Welcome Home Ceremony for the 157th can be found by 

Clicking here!


Thank you again for all the love, support and prayers during the 157th's deployment.

 


 

15 comments:

  1. Sweet post. And your kitty and family are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitty is beautiful. She looks like she is about to say, "these shells are for me, right?". I love that picture of him holding a boy on each hip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penelope is beautiful, and it looks like she rules the roost. Our Simba does too. Is there any other way with a cat? They are our owners, not the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet photos of reunion with loved ones! Glad your son is home from deployment. I like that name, Penelope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute that Penelope loved and had to test out the new rug. Too cute. Glad Sam is back on US soil and home near you guys. What a blessing to have him back home. Have a great evening. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penelope is such a beautiful cat. No wonder she gets her way.

    How sweet is that reunion with Sam and family. I bet your heart is full to the brim. Sam will be forever changed by his experience. I'm sure he's glad to be back home. What lovely family reunion photos. I bet there's a lot of catching up to do.

    Hugs, Julia


    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cats and have had three, so this was a fun post!! So happy Sam is home. Is it ok to say that in every comment I make now? Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love me a good catnap! I also love shells, and like to collect them myself when I go to the beach (which sadly is not very often).
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are cute photos with Penelope on the rug. Good for you taking the cat nap. I can never do it unless I'm sick. Are you saying a vaccine for common sense? That sounds like Mark outside in the backyard in the morning pruning things. He loves it! That is a precious photo with the two little boys. Love our photo too! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Penelope. I'm not really a cat person, but since Nel got a cat, I appreciate them more. I chuckled at your "common sense" statement....that's so true. Mornings are so peaceful for me as well, and I can imagine how nice it would be for you just walking through your garden in the early mornings, and hearing the birds before the sun rises. Penelope sure looks comfy on that rug. We really are alike, Carla, I love cat naps too. Have a peaceful Sunday, and a very good week.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK so I don't know if you know this (you probably do, hahaha) but I was for my entire life until July of 2019, a confirmed die-hard DOG PERSON. Did not understand cats and did not care to; I got scratched rather badly in the early '90s in Tennessee when throwing a stray off my front windowsill, thinking it was a menace (it was not; I was prejudiced). But on 7/4/19 we had a tiny forsaken kitten, only a day or two old, in our back deck area and I tried to save it, keep it, feed it, et cetera, and had begun to actually love it, but it died. A few weeks later, driven by guilt and the brand-new never-used litter box staring at me, I went to the shelter and paid $35 for my precious Tuxie Cat, Sweetness. It took a week to ten days but then I fell head over heels in love with that dumb cat and she is now one of my most prized, treasured, and adored possessions (although I do not in fact possess her; we live together and I feed and water and clean up after and love on her and she worships me -- I believe -- in return). Penelope is heart-stoppingly beautiful and I would love to have her sit on my lap and gaze into my eyes the way Sweetness does. That rug is gorgeous; I love a country hook rug and I love circles and I love the gray-black palette. Definitely my favorite cat saying is "like herding cats." I adore cowboy beans. Love you my friend! Happy new week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful capture you got of the dad with his littles. Heading over to read the post now. Beautiful Penelope is always a welcome sight. She is cute with those shells and the rug!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely not a cat person because I'm allergic. Surprisingly I'm NOT allergic to dogs and horses! I love our answers, though, especially your answer to #4. And I want the recipe for #3. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Penelope looks so sweet ...
    So pleased that Sam is back home, such a lovely family photograph.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!