About The River

Monday, August 7, 2023

Welcome Home Ceremony for the 157th MEB

 Hello Friends, 

Thank you again for all the support, love and prayers during the deployment of the 157th and our son Samuel.

Today I will share some of the photos and highlights of the welcome home for the 157th.



 

We are waiting for the plane to land! Here we are at the Hangar 406.

 

Everyone is looking up at the sky. 


Several fun signs.. Outta My Way!!! I get MY Daddy back today!

 


 

The plane has landed!

 



 

Maj. Gen. Paul Knapp, Wisconsin's adjutant general, and other senior Wisconsin National Guard leaders were the first to welcome home the members of the 157th MEB.

 



 

The crowd goes wild with cheers as the Soldiers start to descend down the stairs.

 



 

Here they come!!!! 

 

And we find our Soldier!

My sister was able to join us for the welcome home ceremony.

 



Maj. Gen. Jami Shawley, commanding general at Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti had the following comments to make to the 157th as they prepared to transfer their duty on to the 218th MEB, South Carolina National Guard.

"157th, you have my deepest thanks and it's been an honor to serve with you." 

During the 157th MEB's deployment, they supported several missions. They played an integral part in the evacuation of American personnel from the U.S. Embassy in Khartoum, Sudan.


 
I had to share this sweetness I witnessed..  Daddy holding his two boys as we listen to the remarks from Maj. Gen. Paul Knapp.

"You embark on a journey that takes you away from your family and friends for months to serve your nation, to show the country and the world what it means to be a member of the Wisconsin National Guard."

 

For me watching my two boys, best of friends, start right off where they left off. Nonstop talking all the way to the vehicle and during the ride home.

 



 

Thank you again for all the prayers, love and support for all our military.

Carla


15 comments:

  1. You got such great photos. I almost feel like I was there, and am all choked up now!! Let the celebrating begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Sam and his fellow officers of the 157. OMG I bet it was good to land on US soil. We cannot thank them enough for serving our country. Continued support for all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get my Daddy back today.

    Oh, Lord, stop all these wars.

    My nephew serves in the Army. I am so proud of him and I want him home.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful, heartwarming post. I am so happy Sam is home. So excited for you. What a fabulous day that was. So glad that your prayers were answered. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate @ https://fromthestillroom.blogspot.com. Carla these photos, the beauty of your loving patriotic family and joy in all of your faces warmed my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word Carla, this gave me chills! How glorious a day you had for Sam's homecoming! Simply wonderful. These are absolute, genuine American heroes. Thank God for them, and for their families. Do I understand that your Sam is coming to South Carolina? If so, we must have a meet-up when you come to visit him! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carla, Thank your son for all of us. I love our military .Your family looks so handsome and happy. Blessings to all, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carla, I am welling up reading this post and looking at the photos. The emotions and joy are palpable. So happy for all of you!! Thank you Sam for your service.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOOHOO Sam is home! Loved the one sign I got my daddy back. Glad the brothers are back together even for a short time. Also you and hubby hug him for me. Thank you for your service Samuel. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm tearing up reading this! I am so happy the 157th and Sam are HOME! What a praise! Thank-you, God! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. You must have been thrilled to see your Sam, Carla. What a wonderful welcome home for him. I bet he missed his brother and all of you.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm tearing up too! This is such a beautiful post. I love that you all got to wait for the plane and watch it land. How exciting!! Of course the boys caught right up where they left off. I bet they are so happy to be reunited! What an awesome mission to be a part of. I'm so glad your boy is home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad he is home safe and sound. I'm sure it was an emotional day for all concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Carla ... what a beautiful post.
    I am so pleased that Sam is back home.

    God bless you all.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy for Sam to be home and to see your family all together!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!