About The River

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Happy Thanksgiving Hodgepodge

 

Happy Thanksgiving Hodgepodge Friends

It is Wednesday and that means it is time for the Hodgepodge.

Joyce asks the questions.

We answer the questions.

Here we go!

Oh and click here to join the fun!

 1. This week's Hodgepodge lands on National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day. Is yours in need of a cleaning? Nope, already done. Will you get that done today? How often do you tackle this particular chore?  We usually clean out our fridge every other day or so. 

 2. November 15th is also National Philanthropy Day...tell us about a charity (local or otherwise) you like to support when you're able.  

We have a few different charities we like to support. For this weeks hodgepodge I will mention the USO. The USO has always been there to help our military son when in need. Missed flights due to hurricanes.. the USO was at the ready to help out. Delayed flights due to hurricanes.. the USO was at the ready to help out. It is great to know that yes the USO is helping our military when family cannot. 

 3.What in nature inspires you and why? 


 I love everything about nature. The sky, clouds, wind, trees, plants, animals, birds... it all inspires me. During the summer months I am outside most of the days. If I am not in my garden, I will be kayaking, walking or simply soaking in the sun.

 4. What's something you own that makes you feel cozy? 

My flannel PJ's.  

 5. Who did you thank today? Who thanked you? 

I thanked my husband. 

My son's girlfriend Catie thanked me. 

 6. Insert your own random thought here. 

There's A Great Big Turkey Out On Grandma's Farm

To the tune of Polly Wally Doodle 

There's a great big turkey out on Grandma's farm,  And he thinks he's very gay.

He spreads his tail into a great big fan and struts around all day. You can hear him gobble at the girls and boys, For he thinks he's singing when he makes that noise... But he'll sing a different song a different way Upon Thanksgiving Day!

23 comments:

  1. I also appreciate the USO. One of my daughter's former roomates used to volunteer in D.C. to meet flights and she loved it. I'm glad they've been a help to your son. It's always good to hear some first hand accounts. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute song!! . . .of course, I now have the tune stuck in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Turkey song. Never heard it before. Good questions and great answers. I'm an outside person as well and the sunshine is great for us. having the fridge clean before the cooking begins is always a must do. I'm with you...keep that thing clean. Hope you have a great afternoon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that piece of pecan pie got my mouth watering.
    You clean your fridge every other day? Mine is in need of a good cleaning, no kidding.
    I love my flannel PJs too, especially at this time of year when it's getting colder.

    Take care, hugs.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Giggled reading about the turkey.. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes on the USO! When we had a death in our family, they arranged the flight home for my son who was on a aircraft carrier. They also provide a nice place to relax, take a short nap and if you have little ones, a bottle, a meal or a place to play at the airport and they are everywhere! My husband is retired so we always rest there at the USO, before any flight. We meet a lot of nice people there. And not to mention all those USO shows they had in previous wars.

    Oh what a cute little jungle that I will no doubt be humming till Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't consider myself an outdoorsy person, but I do agree that everything in nature inspires me! That pecan pie is inspiring me right now too - looks delicious! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, I rarely clean my entire fridge. Wipe it down regularly, but clean it out ... wow, I'm impressed. Nice mountain view: What's the location? I agree: Everything in nature is inspiring. Happy (almost) Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny I was just thinking I need to clean out my refrigerator lol! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the song, hahaha. You clean your fridge every other day? I do need to do a big clean out for the shopping still. I will tackle that Sat or Sunday. Cozy, my oversize Blue Goose sweatshirt and the cat on my lap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't clean the frig that often but I always remove old food regularly. That's a wonderful charity. That picture says it all for inspiration. The PJ's sound perfect. I love saying thank you and people returning the favor. Enjoyed your random. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cleaned my fridge out today!! Getting ready and making room for the big day...Yum. Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How good to know that the USO is helping out like that.
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. First, your pecan pie looks Yummy, Carla. I love pecan pie, and my son just brought one home. It was the best I've ever had. I'm wondering if you have a Sprouts? That's where it was from. I like the fact that you clean out your fridge every day or so. So many people wait for weeks, and that seems yucky to me. That is so special that you appreciate everything and all of nature, Carla. Your flannel pj's sound soft and comfy. And a delightful tune you shared today.

    Happy Thanksgiving to one of my favorite people in blog land.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving.
    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. I kind of keep the fridge cleaned out all the time, but occasionally must actually put my mind to it, hahaa! As for gratitude, it is the mother of all the other virtues! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Carla! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. That pie looks soooooooo tasty. I tend to clean out the fridge the day before trash day, and before putting in new groceries after I've been shopping. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's going to be leftover night for us to clean out the fridge! I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I enjoyed your answers. I'm very late at comenting, but I'm here...lol. That song at the end is hilarious. Have a great TG.

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!