About The River

Thursday, January 4, 2024

Rewind to December

 Hello Friends, we will hit the rewind button on the year and head back to December 2023.

Here. We. Go.


We hosted our annual Christmas cookie decorating party. We purchased a state of Wisconsin cookie cutter and everyone had fun making our state all full of Christmas cheer. 

 

A few more of our creations.


 

We had to decorate a cookie to look like Ernie.


 

Christmas bunnies, owls and ornaments.



 

I celebrated a birthday! 

 

 

My mom gifted me this towel, looks like Ernie is getting into the action with Santa.

 


 

Enjoying my coffee in my new Egg Nog mug. My mom found two of these Egg Nog mugs. She knows how I enjoy vintage items and surprised me with them by leaving them in a bag at our house for me to open later.



 

 

We enjoyed a cup of Egg Nog in our vintage mugs with a dash of nutmeg sprinkled on top.



 

Christmas candy, red, green and white.

 


 

 Homemade treats, my first time making small mincemeat pies.

 


 

 A tree ornament gifted to us from my cousin. It is Ernie.

 

 

My favorite Christmas wrapping paper.

 


 



 

Happy New Year from my family to your family.

 ♥

Carla

Our son Sam is missing from this photo, he ended up having a drill for the Guards during this family event. As we head into 2024, I ask for continued prayer for our military and military families. 

Thank you!


11 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Carla and Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post. I enjoyed it so much. Cookies look great. Love the egg not mugs and that ornament is so darn cute. Cute wrapping paper too! Love the photo and wishing your family a Happy New Year and God's blessings to all of youl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you and your family! I understand the needs of military families. My son is an Army Reserve chaplain. He was away half of '22 and half of '23.
    And Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to make cookies with your state. They looked yummy too. The vintage egg nog mugs were a nice gift. I have not seen these in quite awhile. Happy belated birthday as well. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like lots of fun was had decorating all those cookies. I no longer bake cookies. Cute mug for your coffee etc. And the Ernie ornament is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Carla! I love your egg nog mugs! And I have the same goblets as in your birthday picture - they were a wedding gift! I should get them out again when I put the Christmas dishes away. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! I love that photo of you with your cake and candles. Those egg nog mugs are so cool! It looks like a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those egg nog cups are delightful, love those. Carla, your mincemeat pies look scrumptious. I was just telling Jess that I am craving mincemeat pies. Haven't had them in awhile. She wasn't too familiar with them, as I didn't really get them or bake them when she was little. It was always just pumpkin pies. The nutcracker wrapping is so cute. And a dear photo of your family, Carla. I am saying a prayer for Sam. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW I love that egg nog mug! So darling and vintage-y~! I hope you had a very happy birthday -- wasn't it on the twelfth? I love mincemeat SO MUCH and this was the first year in many years that I did not have any. No one else will touch it and it's hard for EVEN ME to eat an entire mincemeat pie, or the equivalent in tarts! Ugh I love that stuff so much. To me the taste of it just screams Christmas!!!! Ernie is precious, especially as a cookie! xoxo Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday!! I hope you had a very special day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated Happy Birthday Wishes, Happy New Year too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!