About The River

Monday, June 3, 2024

Joy List Monday

 

 

Joy List Monday 

 ♥ a weekly ritual ♥

a reminder to stop and pay attention to the little beauties and graces that make life magical and to set aside time for gratitude each day 


 

 

♥ rain ... after the drought of 2023, every rainfall is a blessing

 ♥ friends ... spending time with special friends in person or taking time to make a phone call

♥ grilling season ... my husband has a true talent with the flames of the grill

♥ flowers ... my friend Cindy creates a hanging basket for me every garden season, this is her color idea for 2024 ... she is all about pink

♥ anniversaries ... my husband and I celebrated our anniversary May 31st ... my friend Jenny shared the following with me ...

Happy the bride the sun shines on in May ... I'll be with you in apple blossom time.



 

wishing you a beautiful week full of little things that make you smile

 

 


13 comments:

  1. The hanging petunias are nice. I haven't done any planting this year. It's so unlike me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a sweet friend Carla. What a lovely basket. It's going to be spectacular when in full of bloom. I've been smiling a lot this afternoon as I was on my knees in the garden. I was weeding and also shaking sod to expand my vegetable garden.

    I love grilling but unfortunately, my husband never had an interest in it. Everything taste so much better when grilled outdoors. Enjoy the grilling season and have a successful bouquet season.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers are beautiful. Petunias?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Carla. If we can all smile more I think the world would be a better place. Find joy in your week. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet post. Love the basket. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet friend to put together that basket, it is delightful! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are the pretties pink flowers, Carla, and so unique. That was nice of your friend to make you a hanging basket. I'm glad you got rain this year. I know what you mean about it being a blessing after droughts. We had the same thing in California, and we're doing pretty good now. Happy Anniversary to my dear friend. Always love your Joy List posts. They are filled to the brim with gratitude. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww and I hope you and your beloved had a wonderful anniversary!

    Here's the complete lyric:

    I'll be with you in apple blossom time
    I'll be with you to change your name to mine
    One day in May, I'll come and say
    Happy the bride the sun shines on today!

    What a wonderful wedding there will be
    What a wonderful day for you and me
    Church bells will chime, you will be mine
    In apple blossom time

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated anniversary! I love uplifting posts like this. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated anniversary! How many years? I agree about appreciating the rain when we haven't had enough. Pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do like the petunias.
    Belated Happy anniversary wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty flower basket!
    And this weather.... so different from the past couple!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!