About The River

Friday, July 3, 2026

Let Freedom Ring

 

 

Happy Birthday, USA!

♪♫♪ From The Mountains, To The Prairies, To The Oceans, White With Foam ♪♫♪

God Bless America

 

Eternal Vigilance Is The Price of Liberty.

Thomas U.P. Charlton

 

  And crown thy good with brotherhood from sea to shining sea. 

 ♥

Carla 

23 comments:

  1. Happy 4th Carla. Smooches for Ernie. Have a great weekend. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiest 4th, and 250th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never considered that line "to the oceans, white with foam" although of course I've sang along many times. Have fun Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carla, Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ernie is so cute with his bow tie. I have to say, given the state of things I'm not feeling much like celebrating. Happy 4th to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable!!! Ernie is too cute! Happy 4th to you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, the bow tie!! How will he do if he hears fireworks?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Independence Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a beautiful tribute to the country, and those classic song lyrics always bring a sense of pride and community. The quote from Thomas U.P. Charlton is a timeless reminder of what it takes to protect our freedom, especially when paired with the hope for brotherhood across the nation. Thank you for sharing such a meaningful and uplifting message for the holiday, Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see Ernie is being patriotic. How sweet! Happy Birthday to America. God bless America. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 4th! I love your pup's bowtie!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute! Happy 4th...let the fireworks begin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of my favorite songs, Carla. Love you little Ernie! He's sumthin'. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ernie is so sweet! God Bless America! 250 years old! We are actually a very young country compared to the other countries in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here, here!! Happy 4th to all!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was a wonderful celebration of 250 years!! 💙🇺🇸❤️. Ernie is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awwwwwww Ernie you are soooo handsome!!!! Who's a good boy???? Happy Independence Day to you sweet boy!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. aahh, what a cutie. You are such a handsome little guy, Ernie.

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!