Hello Friends we are going to rewind to June. We will enjoy rhubarb pie, flowers and an army of ants. Here we go!
|
A slice of rhubarb pie with homemade whip cream.
Ernie and I were heading out the backdoor for our morning walk to be greeted by an army of ants. Nope, not spilled coffee grounds. Ants, lots of ants on the move. Thankfully not into my house.
Grapes!! Our grapes are doing so well. After two failed seasons, I am really excited to see our grapes doing well. Keep going grapes!!
I will make grape jelly, if they ripen. Keep going grapes, you can do it!!
Another poppy blooming.
My netting worked. I saved the strawberries from the birds.
Roses!!
Slow down, don't move too fast try to make the moment last.
Happy Summer








Your flowers are so pretty and that pie looks delicious. Those ants!! I'm glad they weren't headed indoors. The photo made me think of that song The Ants Go Marching.... Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteRight now I'm "Feeling Groovy" after reading that last sentence. lol....if you know, you know, right? I love rhubarb pie and so does hubby and one son. Everyone else is like...nope! Have a wonderful weekend. xo Diana
ReplyDeleteI grew rhubarb but no one in my family liked it one bit :(. Then I read that the leaves are poisonous so I couldn't even put the leaves in my compost bin when I pulled up the plant (it was growing large and with no one wanting to eat anything rhubarb except for me, it was time to let it go). Your pie looks so good and now I am craving homemade whipped cream. Wow, that's a lot of ants!! Your flowers are stunning! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteThat clematis is gorgeous! Those ants had something big going on!
ReplyDeleteMy grandmother had rhubarb growing in her yard growing up and she would always make yummy pie with them and berries. Yum homemade whip cream. Happy Friday sweet friend. Hugs. Kris
ReplyDeleteYour pie crust looks flaky and delicious. Yum.
ReplyDeleteThose ants would have scared me. Glad they did not get into your home. Yippee on saving your strawberries. I want to plant a clematis next year. Have to decide on a color though. Janice
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos! Your pie looks delicious! That is definitely an army of ants!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I have never seen so many ants on the move in such a tight formation. They really do look like an army battalion on the move.
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are beautiful.
You have the greenest thumb and clearly you are growing some yummy stuff. Even the ants approve!! ☺️
ReplyDeleteAre these purple flowers Clematis? They are gorgeous, and so is the poppy. I think I would have followed the ants to see where they were heading! Must be a big patch of sugar somewhere! O.K. we'll split the pie. You eat the pie and I'll have the homemade whipped cream.
ReplyDeleteYum to the rhubarb pie! Thank goodness the ants didn't come into your house, that is my worst nightmare! Well done with the grapes and the strawberries!
ReplyDeleteThat pie sounds delicious. Wow. that's a lot of ants. I've never seen anything like that. Hooray for the grapes. Strawberry looks good and the flowers are so pretty.
ReplyDeleteDelicious looking pie, Carla, and yea for saving your strawberries. How wonderful that your grapes are growing! Happy weekend to you. ❤️
ReplyDeleteHello! My goodness, that pie looks delicious! And grapes?? Wow!
ReplyDeleteThe pie looks very yummy and the garden, as always, very healthy. We have a wonderful strawberry crop this year, as well.
ReplyDeleteAmalia
xo
Good Morning Carla. I sure would like a piece of that rhubarb pie with my coffee right now. It looks amazing. Oh my, that is a lot of ants. I'm glad they didn't form a trail into the house. Your red flower blooming is so pretty. It looks similar to the Carnation. And I didn't know you have a few roses planted! It's good to be back reading your delightful posts, Carla. I appreciate each and every one of them. : )
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures! You reminded me that I did not make rhubarb pie this summer. Our rhubarb looked like it got hit with a cold winter or freeze. Perhaps next year it will be better. But now I want a piece.
ReplyDeleteAnd how about those grapes! How fun!
Your clematis looks gorgeous!
Happy July!
I'm feeling that way about summer too...slow down! That pie looks amazing. Yay for grapes and strawberries!
ReplyDelete