![]() |
Once upon a time we took my mom on a train for Mother's Day Brunch. Me and my mom. |
Choo - Choo
Can you hear the train coming?
No matter if you can or if you cannot, it is Wednesday and it is time for the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. How do you define beauty?
Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul.
St. Augustine
2. Have you ever taken a trip by train? If so where did you go and what did you think of the experience? If not do you have any desire to do so? Where would you like to go? (You might find inspiration here-The Best Train Trips in The World)
Our family took a day trip on a train. We treated my mom to a Mother's Day Brunch on the train. It was a fun day. I am sharing some photos of the day below.
Me and my husband... our first year of marriage. My mom. All the mom's were given corsages as they boarded the train. Enjoying our brunch as we choo choo along. 


3. Shell shocked, bombshell, bandshell, shellacking, in a nutshell, walking on eggshells...choose one and tell us why you chose it, or how it relates to your life in some way currently.
Shell shocked by the current comments regarding September 11, 2001.
4. Tacos, pistachios, oysters, clams, eggs...your favorite food on the list that comes in/with a shell?
I do enjoy eggs. I have an egg everyday for breakfast. They never get old for me. Yum!
I also enjoy tacos, but I do not usually eat them with a shell.
5. Are birthdays a big deal in your house? Is your own birthday a big deal in some way? Elaborate.
Oh yes, birthdays are a big deal. We are to be sure to gather for birthdays. It might not be on the day, but we will get together at some point to celebrate.
My birthday is a big deal to me. My birthday is 12/12. With that 12 is my favorite number. And my 12/12/2012 birthday was VERY special. I felt very loved by family and friends on 12/12/12.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
September, the month you get to enjoy all the hard work you put in during the garden season. We made salsa this weekend with some of our bounty.



For sure about September- I have been feeling/living that and it's been nice! Homemade salsa sounds really good! Your train trip for Mother's Day sounds lovely- the pictures are so good. I'm sure it's a great memory for you guys.
ReplyDeleteLook at those fun pictures of newlywed you : ) Our tomatoes are slowing down but we're still eating a handful every day. I agree there is much in the news today that is 'shell shocking'. 2001 America would absolutely not believe 2026 America.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a great idea having a Mother's Day Brunch on a train. Fab photos!
ReplyDeleteEggs are my favourite too!
Good job with everything from your garden!
Oh my gosh what a fun Mother's Day . Unique and very memorable. You and Jeremy are so cute and you look very much like your mom. I am a summer girl but I have to say with all the crazy weather we had this summer I am looking forward to fall. We already are having cool nights and only in the 70's during the day. Perfect weather. Enjoy the rest of your week. Hugs Kris
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute young lady in those pictures. We used to have a dinner train here and the first year we moved up here, they discontinued it. There's talk to bring it back! Have a great day, Carla
ReplyDeleteYour fresh produce is so colorful. Now I'm craving fresh tomatoes!! What a great mother's day gift for your mom - time with you PLUS a fun experience.
ReplyDeleteThe photo with your mom is so cute! *I think I had a very similar dress back then :). Shell - it would have to be eggs, I eat them so often. I think I'm getting to the last of the tomatoes, sadly. But Fall brings its own goodness.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love the photo of you and your mother! Beautiful!!! I love trains! I have been on commuter trains a few times here in Montreal, but I have never dined on a train! I would so enjoy it, though! Such a fantastic Mother's day gift for your mom. Thank you so much for sharing this post and your lovely photos!
ReplyDeleteI've never had the occasion of travelling by train but what a wonderful way to celebrate your love for your mother on Mother's Day. You look so lovely with your mom and also with Jeramy.
ReplyDeleteYour beauty always shows from the inside and out.
Soon it will be time to put the gardens to bed. I've already started that chore and it seems like there's no end in sight.
Hugs,
Julia
Those golden birthdays are fun and wow a 12/12/12 birthday is extra special! Sweet photos from the Mother's Day brunch on the train!
ReplyDeleteYou and your Mom look the same age! It is good to see your husband. You are wearing sandals, and it looks like maybe a lot of gravel and such. Did it bother your feet? Yes, leave it to me to notice something like that!
ReplyDeleteWell I will start with the ending -- your vegetables are so beautiful and I can just imagine how incredible the salsa will be! Ugh I could drink salsa, I love it so much. Regarding being shell shocked over comments about 9/11 ... on the day, we were telling Dagny how patriotic everyone was in the months immediately following that disastrous event. Now, a display of patriotism is more likely to be met with outright hatred, or outright BANNED. It's so distressing. God help us. Many years ago, TG and I took a day trip on a train in the mountains of East Tennessee. Speaking of disasters, that's what it was for me. I was not feeling well, and all I wanted was to sit in the dining car and have breakfast with real dishes. TG would not go with me to the dining car, so I went alone, and it was powdered eggs and awful coffee, served on paper plates and styrofoam. I was devastated. I got my ideas from old movies, and I just wanted to have that experience. It was a bitterly cold day and that did not help, and we salvaged what was left of it, but it's not a great memory. Your mom is beautiful and that looks like it was a truly special day. The corsage was a wonderful touch. xoxo 🏴☠️
ReplyDelete