About The River

Monday, October 5, 2026

This and That

 

Hello Friends, 

A little of this and that to share with you today.

Salsa made with all our garden goodness.

What is your favorite chip to eat salsa with?

 



For the past few years I have been experimenting with a longer growing season. 

I give you autumn radish.

 


On our walk along the school path I noticed something twinkling at me in the sun. With  further investigating I found this pile of Pepsi cans.

 


On a more cheerful note, the autumn mushrooms are pushing their way up to say Hello.

October is the month

 When the smallest breeze 

Gives us a shower of autumn leaves. 

Bonfires and pumpkins

Leaves sailing down

October is red

And golden and brown.

Anonymous

 


17 comments:

  1. Your salsa looks so good! I like a good, thick tortilla chip for salsa. It looks like you canned some of your homemade salsa? How wonderful! Enjoyed your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your salsa looks yummy. Ugh on someone leaving all of those cans. October is here and so are the cooler temps. Trees are just starting to change color. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your homemade salsa looks really good. It has lots of different goodies in it. I like thicker tortilla chips to go with my salsa so they don't break easily. Your radishes are nice looking too. And the October quote is delightful to hear on this Monday morning. Have a sweet October week, Carla. I do love your "this and that" posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home made salsa looks so delicious and I am sure tastes amazing with all your home grown veggies. I love a thin crispy chip with my salsa. Have a great start to the new week.
    Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your salsa looks delicious and perfectly chopped. If I had my pick -fresh fried tortilla chips (corn).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I am so impressed with the salsa. The radishes look great. That's really a shame about the cans. Wow, the mushrooms look great. Enjoy your October.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are so nice - and really capture the first lovely glimpses of fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pepsi cans!!! I thought it was some beautiful blue exotic plant!!! Too funny. Your radishes are beautiful, and the salsa looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That salsa looks great and how wonderful that it came from your garden and the radishes too! Ugh to those Pepsi cans though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the restaurant style chips (cantina) that are thinner. I used to love scoops but like the lighter weight chips better now. Pepsi cans!! Why can't people take their trash?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOOOOVE making and eating salsa. So great that you got it from your garden. That is the life for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so smart!! That salsa looks delicious! I like plain old tortillas especially the little cup-shaped ones that hold lots of salsa. :) All those pepsi cans! Good grief!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos!!! And the salsa looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Carla...that salsa !!! That is going to be some good eating.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmm...salsa!! Those radishes remind me of my dad and the garden he had in our yard when I was little. I still remember pulling the radishes from the ground, dusting them off and biting into one! Great memories...Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your salsa looks delicious. And all from your garden. I like to eat salsa with my eggs in the morning. I like a thin chip and only eat them for a treat once in a while. I know I am boring but as I get older I have to watch these kinds of things. I do add salsa to my Taco Salad when I make that.
    Your radishes look wonderful. Sweet Man loves radishes!
    Enjoy your week! And your fall walks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Delicious looking salsa! I rarely eat salsa for some reason but once in a while I like to put chicken breasts in the slow cooker with a jar of salsa! So good!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!