About The River

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Goodbye September and it is the Hodgepodge

 

On the hunt for that perfect pumpkin.

 

Hello Friends,

It is Wednesday and it is time for the Hodgepodge. 

Click here to join the fun! 

Joyce asks the questions.

We answer the questions.

 

 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to mind? 

 

 Rustling sounds of dried corn.

Saturday we spent the day with our youngest son, we got lost a few times, but we did manage to get out of the corn maze. 


 

 The autumn winds and rustling of leaves.

 

 2.  Is a trip to the mountains something you enjoy? What's your favorite mountain? 

 

 We do not have any real big mountains here in Wisconsin.

I have not explored many of the mountains in the USA.

Our favorite mountain here in Wisconsin is Rib Mountain State Park.

Click here for more information. 

 

The below photo is of our youngest son in February of this year on top of Rib Mountain on his way down on his snowboard.

 

 

3. What's something that once felt like a mountain, but is now just a molehill? 

We needed to tackle a job this past week. Move me into my new potting shed. Oh it felt like a mountain at first. So much stuff to move and sort and clean. 

 


Team Work!!!  We did it!!!


 

4. Let's play this or that-fall foods edition. Yes you have to choose. 
  • pumpkin spice latte or chai latte  ~  chai latte
  • apple cider or hot chocolate  ~ hot chocolate
  • stew or chili ~ stew
  • sweet potato casserole or green bean casserole ~ sweet potato casserole
  • butternut squash soup or creamy mushroom soup ~ butternut squash soup
  • cranberry sauce or gravy ~ cranberry sauce
  •  
  •  
  •  5. Sum up your September in a sentence or two. 
  •  
  •  We enjoyed beautiful weather in September here in Wisconsin. 
  •  
  •  6. Insert your own random thought here. 
  •  
  • We had a fun apple day. 
  • We played mini golf. 
  • Mastered a corn maze.
  • and 
  • Picked Apples. 
  •  




  •  ♥
  • Carla 

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, Carla! I enjoyed reading all your responses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet day at the apple orchard! I'm glad your weather was beautiful in September. Ours was nice as well. Your potting shed looks great- how organized. I'd say you need to come here and help me with mine but I don't have one :(. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great fall day at the orchard. I'm hoping we can make a trip to ours next week. Congrats on tackling that big job and getting it done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading your list. You always have fun. Glad teamwork made your job easier to complete. Gosh I have not picked apples or played putt putt since my kids were little. There are not any putt putt places that I know of around here. The one sound I detest as Fall arrives is the geese flying South. The one I like is the freighters blowing their horn on a foggy morning. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you could get your potting shed tackled and organized. Feels so good after a big project like that. Your trip to the apple orchard looked like a great day. Happy Fall. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a balanced formula toward life. You always make time for work, but also time of togetherness with your family for fun and recreation.
    Your potting shed looks well organized. I need to declutter mine. A chore I was supposed to tackle last year but didn't get the spare time to do it. I was hoping that maybe this year, I would do it but more stuff comes up and lack of energy.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what fun. Lord willing, we'll be visiting our pumpkin patch soon. This weekend is our apple festival that I always enjoy. Apple pie contest and freshly pressed apple cider! Love your potting shed.( hehe my spell check put down potty shed!) 😂 Glad I caught it!
    As we say goodbye to Sept today, I pray you enjoy every last minute, looking forward to October! God bless, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those apples look incredible. Your new potting shed looks so nice, plenty of room to organize things. Reminding me I could give the garage a good clean, it's cluttered! Now I want soup, I'd take either one - love both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you had a fun day on Saturday! Good job with getting moved into your new potting shed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are really making the most out of fall. How cool that you have a potting shed!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new shed looks amazing and sounds like you had a really fun day on Saturday. We're still enjoying warm sunny weather here too although we did get some much needed rain today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your shed is so organized!! Yay!! I enjoyed hearing about your Saturday... I wish we had fun things like this to do around here. No apple picking cause apples do not grow well here. I would have loved the maze and most likely would have gotten lost too. I've not been to Wisconsin, but I just assumed you all had mountains.. I need to study the land...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mini golf and a corn maze? How fun! I'm really looking forward to doing the same things this fall. Also, way to go with your shed!! That's a big job!! You go!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, as I type this it's the first day of October ... I send good wishes for the month ahead.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. You picked a lot of apples! How fun to spend the day with your youngest. I would definitely get lost in a corn maze! That's great you have a new potting shed..you make a great team!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What kind of apples did you pick? Congrats on the hard work moving the gardening shed. It's so organized! Our answers are the same except for chai latte. I'm definitely a PSL girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoyed your answers. I love putt putt golf.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice photo with your son. I've been on some nice mountains. Especially in Mammoth Lakes. Nice photo of your son. Your choices sound good. Glad your weather has been nice. Miniature golf looks like fun. Yum on the apples.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You had a wonderful start to October.
    Mountains? So many I have seen. Mt Hood in Oregon would have to be my favorite as I grew up seeing it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. First of all, I love that big pumpkin field. I hope you got the perfect pumpkin for you and your son. That corn maze sounds so fun. That is a neat picture of your son in the snow. What a nice apple day you had, Carla. The weather looks nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Fall! Nice you got your stuff moved into your new potting shed!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like a fun and productive September! Glad the move into the potting shed was made easier with teamwork!
    Sorry I'm late in visiting - had to make sure I visited a few Hodgepodgers and commented before we do it all again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!