About The River

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A Stop at Angie's Little Library

On a recent visit with my aunt Sharon, we stopped at a Little Free Library in her community.

Angie's Little Library
 Atticus found a Calvin and Hobbes book.
I found a Little House on the Prairie Song book.
My aunt Sharon made a donation of two books.


What is a Little Free Library?

It’s a “take a book, return a book” gathering place where neighbors share their favorite literature and stories. In its most basic form, a Little Free Library is a box full of books where anyone may stop by and pick up a book (or two) and bring back another book to share. You can, too!

 


  Do you have a Little Free Library in your neighborhood?

Have you stopped at a Little Free Library?

 

9 comments:

  1. I think this is the greatest idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon K

    Love it Carla. Turned out very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea and I have seen one on someone's blog in the past. I don't know of any around here. Glad you two found something you liked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome idea. I have never heard of this. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this before ~ but LOVE it!!!
    Have a happy one,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is such a fabulous idea. We do not have them here but I would love one.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Somewhere I have seen a Little Free Library, but it wasn't here. Must have been on our travels some where. I do agree, it is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the little free libraries. Our town has a few. I just love the sense of community they foster.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've never seen a free library like this one!! how adorable is that?!?!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!