About The River

Monday, July 25, 2016

Funny on Monday and Joy List Monday

Music in the Park .... Lego Style

Funny on Monday
A large flywheel company, feeling it was time for a shakeup, hired a new CEO. This

new boss was determined to rid the company of all slackers. On a tour of the facilities,

the CEO noticed a guy leaning on a wall. The room was full of workers and he wanted to

let them know that he meant business! The new CEO walked up to the guy leaning

against the wall and asked, "How much money do you make a week?"

A little surprised, the young fellow looked at him and replied, "I make $300.00 a week.

Why?" The CEO then handed the guy $1,200 in cash and screamed, "Here's four weeks'

pay, now GET OUT and don't come back." Feeling pretty good about himself, the CEO

looked around the room and asked, "Does anyone want to tell me what that goof-off did

here?" From across the room came a voice, "Pizza delivery guy from Domino's."


 Joy List Monday
♥  a weekly ritual  ♥
a reminder to stop and pay attention to the little beauties and graces that make life magical and to set aside time for gratitude each day

 ♥ taking time to visit a friend who recently had hip surgery .... enjoying root beer floats and catching up on life
♥ continued garden goodness ... green beans, cucumbers, beets, cabbage, eggplant, flowers
 ♥ receiving a gentle rain ... a much needed rain
 ♥ surprising my friend Marv for his 87th birthday
♥ a picnic and a boat ride
 

14 comments:

  1. Loved the lego music in the park ...
    Enjoyed your story too ...

    Think the joy list is a good idea.

    Wishing you a good week ahead,

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Joy List Monday! You make me smile my friend! 💕Happy week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the joke...and the list. Off to make my own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the funny out loud to my hubby just now and we both had quite a laugh! Thanks for the fun. And I need to make a list in my journal tonight! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. That made me laugh!!
    There is something about root beer floats that just calls for relaxation and enjoyment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!!!! Fun post. Have a great week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea your Monday Joy List is!! That was a funny story...made me smile! :) Looks like you're having a good summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's funny! How kind of you to visit your friend. My mom had surgery recently and I know how much her friends' visits mean to her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great to hear a good joke. It has been a long time now that I think of it!!

    A boat ride and picnic is a reward for celebrating your friend's birthday!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a funny story! Where on earth did you find this Lego set?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha! Your joke made me laugh!

    What a lovely list, too. You're making me want a root beer float!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great joke, Carla! Love your joy list too. John loved root beer floats as a kid!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!