About The River

Monday, July 18, 2016

The Love Affair

The Love Affair
It all started last Sunday night. My family headed to Ohio. I was home alone with the dog, our older cat Max and our new kitten Catsby.
Catsby was beside himself on Monday. Good grief where are my boys?
By Monday night, he decided his boys must have left him.
And then it started.


Each night has I got ready for bed, he would wait for me. 
Then once I made my way upstairs he would bolt up the stairs with me and jump on to my bed. He would lay with his white belly in the air.
I got tucked in with him close to my side. He would snuggle up to me and purr!
This became the routine, night after night.
If I was late to getting to bed, he would let me know. 
He was ready, come on!
I must admit, I did enjoy having him to snuggle with each night.
I do love that little cat.

Saturday night I told him, this is it Catsby, the end of our love affair.
Everyone will be back Sunday night.

He was happy to see his boys.
And so was I.

Joy List Monday
* a weekly ritual *
a reminder to stop and pay attention to the little beauties and graces that make life magical and to set aside time for gratitude each day

♥   Pets ... they know when we need them
 ♥ Harvesting produce from the garden ... green beans, cucumbers, peppers, eggplant

♥ I had a hard day on Friday .... thankful for friends to cheer me up and help me remember what is important in life

♥ Our friend who has been ill, is feeling better

♥ My family is back. They had a safe trip and had a blast of a time


 

15 comments:

  1. I just got notification from Bloglovin' that this post was up. I'm sorry Friday was a rough day. But I'm so glad that Catsby has proved to be a real snuggler!! Just like Tuppence. Have a wonderful Monday. xo (I wondered if your guys had gone to the big convention, except now they're back.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post with such important reminders to care for our soul and enjoy the little things. I love that your kitty provided comfort while your boys were away. Sounds like they had a special time but I'm certain they were happy to head home to their sweet Mama. Glad your friend is feeling better, I hope they continue to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to have a friend to snuggle with! ;) Glad your boys are back in town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww that is so sweet. See cats do have personalities...and ours sure can attest to that. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your rough day on Friday. I'm glad to hear that your friend is doing better. I love seeing your garden splendors on Instagram. The Catsby story is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Carla. Sorry you had a bad day on Friday. Glad you had Catsby to snuggle with this past week. Glad the boys made it home safely. Wishing you a great new week ahead.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry about your bad day too and glad you had friends to encourage you and a snuggle partner. Hope this week is better! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. How special that you and Catsby shared some cuddles! Cats really like to cuddle... wonder if he still expects your affections even after the boys got home? lol... and so sorry about your bad day, but glad that you had close friends to support you! Hugs to you today my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, sweet little love-muffin Catsby! What a sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet, that poor baby missing the boys.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Catsby has that look about him that he would be a good snuggler :) And how great you got his companionship while your family traveled! Glad your friend is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful Joy List and a sweet story about the love affair with your sweet kitty. Maybe he won't entirely abandon you now that the boys are home?

    Oh, and I'm jealous of your peppers and eggplants. I'm not even sure I'll get any peppers this year; they seem to be so slow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cat is such a pretty one. I'm a dog person, but this picture really got to me. So glad the boys are safely home. Sometimes it's nice to have alone time, and we appreciate our loved ones even more. Have you ever wanted to grow pumpkins in your garden? Wouldn't that be something?

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just perfect to have everyone home and together again.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!