About The River

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Remembering Molly on the Hodgepodge!

 


It is Wednesday and that means is it time for the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.


Molly our Boston Terrier
RIP  Labor Day 2018
She was a best friend to all in our family.

 
 
 1. The Hodgepodge lands on National Dog Day this year (August 26th). Do you own a dog?Currently, we do not own a dog. Our sweet Molly passed  away from old age Labor Day 2018. She was a true best friend. Did you have a dog when you were growing up, or maybe some other kind of pet? When I was growing up my dad had a dog, named Lucas. He was a special dog in many ways and a true best friend to my dad. Would you say you're more of a dog person or a cat person? Neither is okay too : ) I like both. I do get nervous around dogs that do not have responsible owners. I was knocked down by a big dog while biking, that memory hangs with me when I am around dogs that have not been loved or trained by their owners.
 
 2. Last time you felt 'dog tired'?
Tuesday, I am so tired of what is going on in our country. In my own state of Wisconsin, as turmoil continues.
I am so tired of the virus, the hate and the destruction.
 
 3. It's said you can't teach an old dog new tricks. When did you last prove this idiom true or prove it wrong?
I am going to use my husband to answer this question. I am so proud of him. He has always wanted to learn to play guitar. I gifted him  a guitar and lessons for his 2020 birthday in January. He made his last lesson just before the shut down!
He played This Land is Your Land for me the other night and Edelweiss. 

4. A favorite book, television show, or movie featuring a dog. Why did you love it?

Where the Red Fern Grows is a favorite of mine.
I cry my eyes out each time I read it. Why do I still love it? It is all about LOVE!
 
 5. Last time you had reason to (literally or figuratively) exclaim 'hot diggity dog'?
I have been listening to my favorite baseball team play ball, the Milwaukee Brewers. They have been on a down hill slide, but last night, "hot diggity dog" they won!
 
 6.  Insert your own random thought here. 
 
Our cat, Penelope, wanted to be sure to say "Hi" today.
 

 

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your husband learning to play the guitar, now he can serenade you to his heart content. A very thoughtful gift.

    I grew up with a dog, we had cats and dogs as my children grew up but having to put my last dog to sleep was just so painful to me that I didn't want to have to do that again. I also felt so terrible when I had to have our cats put to sleep as they suffered in their old age. Now I don't have any cats or dogs.

    I never say never as if some day I find myself alone, I may get a dog for companionship.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for leadership in your state. I love dogs...mine are like toddlers. They have gotten so spoiled since I'm almost always home with them now! I know you miss Sweet Molly. You need another one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penelope is beautiful! How about a post just about her sometime? Is your husband continuing to learn? In the time of Covid, he can always continue learning on you YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Sweet Molly! I've never had a dog but I like them! We've been lucky to get some time with our grand kitty lately. Penelope is so beautiful! That's great Jeremy is sticking with his guitar playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Penelope! My hubby has played guitar since he was in his early teens. I enjoy listening to him play as I go about my daily routine. One of our bedrooms is used for his music room where he has his guitars and other equipment. Sorry on the loss of Molly, it's so hard to lose a pet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so awesome that your husband has learned to play the guitar! What's going on in our world is truly exhausting, I feel the wear of it every single day. I absolutely love little Penelope, such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was young I was scared by a few dogs but thankfully it didn't stop me from wanting them. Just reading your answer to #2 made me cry. I feel your pain and I'm so tired of what is going on. ((Hugs)) Hooray for the win! Sweet kitty. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The picture of Molly reminds me of dogs my great grandmother had. I can relate on having bad memories of dogs, I was chased by a Doberman Pincher when I was little (not sure the age). It nipped at the back of my leg and my long hair, pulling it and my barrette.

    Nice to visit you.
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's sad to hear what's going on in your state - yes it hit the news over here. These are crazy times. Well done to your hubby. Mine loves his guitars - he has 5!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband is taking guitar lessons too. He started about a year and a half ago, and has been doing them on Zoom since March which isn't ideal but is okay. I recognize the songs now so that's a good thing : ) I too am so weary of all the law breaking and insanity that's happening in many cities across our country and am praying for peace. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for your husband for picking up the guitar. It is sad to see what is happening in many of our cities. Hope the rest of your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me too, on that Dog Tired answer. No matter what state we happen to live in. Bahhhhh Humbuggggg...

    Congratulations to your husband!!!!

    🍁🍂🍁

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Bostons . They seem as devoted as Goldens to their families!!!We have been without a dog since Huck died in 1998. Then we tried a rescue for 6 months and failed miserably with him. So cats alway and now as well.
    My husband is trying to learn Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh your sweet Molly. I remember when you lost her and how heartbreaking that was. I remember your story about her walking herself around the neighborhood lol! My daughter has had two Boston's and they are by far the smartest dogs and sweetest. I hope you consider getting another one. Little Penelope needs a brother or sister and you need some empty nester fur babies to love. Have a great day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Molly!! So sweet!! I’m sure you miss her every day. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that this was the year Jeremy learned to play the guitar. Some joy and goodness is needed in 2020!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!