About The River

Monday, August 31, 2020

Joy List Monday

 

Joy List Monday
 ♥ a weekly reminder ♥
a reminder to stop and pay attention to the little beauties and graces that make life
magical and to set aside time for gratitude each day
 
 ♥ heartfelt notes and prayers from family and friends
Our National Guard son was called to duty to help with the unrest in Kenosha, Wisconsin. He just completed a 4 month mission conducting COVID19 testing in the heart of Milwaukee. He started school on August 24th. 
Off he goes again.. thank you for the prayers.

beautiful weekend weather

 ♥ eggplant, summer squash, tomatoes and cucumbers all fresh from the garden

 ♥ our youngest son coming home for the weekend

 ♥ the following note on a box of vases from our neighbors

If you are new here to The River, I have a self serve flower shop called The Flower Shack.


May you have .. warm hugs to greet you.

Fun times to meet you.

Joy in whatever you do.

God's love to guide you.

Good friends beside you.

And happiness!

 

14 comments:

  1. God Bless your son. I will keep him in my prayers. What a sacrifice again and again

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to read that things are going so well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, I love the note left by a grateful neighbour for your honour system flower shop.
    Prayers to keep your National Guard son safe and well during the unrest.
    Stay safe and well as well with all your family.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love the last little saying you posted. So true and lovely. I am glad that people are enjoying your flower shack. You spread beauty with your sweet flowers. Glad Sam is safe and off to school now. It has been a very busy summer for him. I bet Atticus will be excited to come home to see mom and dad and have some home cooked meals. Hugs and Happy New Week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying for Sam. Yum on the garden fresh veggies. That's a sweet note. Thank you for the blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, he is off again. ~sigh~ But thank him for his Service.

    *Unrest*! It's just Anarchy now. Early peaceful protests forgotten. Early good causes forgotten. Just Anarchy. ^&*%$&^#$^&%$#^*((

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think our President is in Kenosha today. Prayers for his safety and your son's safety as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always uplifting to have a joy list, just to remember the many blessing we have. Hope your son stays safe, I thank him for his service. As I've been typing this old hymn began playing in my mind.
    I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy
    Down in my heart (where?)
    Down in my heart (where?)
    Down in my heart
    I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy
    Down in my heart (where?)
    Down in my heart to stay

    I've got the love of Jesus, love of Jesus
    Down in my heart (where?)
    Down in my heart (where?)
    Down in my heart
    I've got the love of Jesus, love of Jesus
    Down in my heart (where?)
    Down in my heart to stay

    ReplyDelete
  9. My prayers go out for your son. This is a shameful thing to be happening here on our American soil. What happen to respect and love for one another. Each and every person should be looked at for what is on the inside, not the color of their skin. There is good and bad in all colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was wondering if he'd be sent to Kenosha - we'll be praying for him!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking of you, Carla, and sending prayers for your whole family. xo
    Thank you Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did wonder if he may be sent to Kenosha ...

    Those flowers are lovely and what a nice note left by a grateful neighbour.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you ending your post with a sweet blessing, that I want to send right back to you. Have a glorious day, God be with you :)

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!