About The River

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

It is a 5 Years Ago Hodgepodge!

 

It is Wednesday and that means it is time for the Hodgepodge. 

Joyce asks the questions.

We answer the questions.

 

Click here to join the fun!

1. Five years ago this month hubs and I relocated from New Jersey to the Palmetto State. What were you doing five years ago this month?

 We visited The Paine Paine Art Center and Gardens 

to see the Downton Dressing exhibit.

 

2. What was the last 9-5 job you worked? Tell us about it.
 

 I worked in Accounts Payable at Marquip located in Phillips, Wisconsin.

I enjoyed my job and my co workers. I enjoyed dressing up for work Monday - Thursday and on Friday, was casual Friday.


3. Plead the fifth, high five, take five, it's five o'clock somewhere, or the big 5-0...which number five phrase relates to your life in some way currently? Tell us how.


Take Five

 

We have been busy moving our boys to the apartment they are renting together. We have been busy setting up house. They are happily moved in and we are taking five!


4. During this season of spending so much time at home, what distractions get in the way of being your most productive? Or have you been extra productive since this whole thing started?

I have been extra productive, with the help that my husband was home for two months April and May when our state shut down non essential business. We tackled projects that had been on the to do list. My husband is back to work and I am continuing to work on projects. I am harvesting and preserving more from our garden this season.

5. Give us a list here of your top five anything.
 

 

1.  Friends and Family

My dear friend Marv, who is 92, and is a Korean War Veteran, stopped in to see our National Guard son when he returned from his 4 month mission in Milwaukee with COVID19 testing.

2. Our Garden

August brings harvest. Eating fresh veggies everyday from the garden. Yum.

3. Butterflies

We have monarch butterflies visiting the garden daily.

4. Baseball

I am still listening to the Milwaukee Brewers on the radio. Having that brings just a wee bit of normal to this 2020 summer.

5. Low humidity and highs in the 70's

We are enjoying a great weather week.


6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Spotted during a day trip.

Zombie Crossing! 



17 comments:

  1. You deserve to take 5! Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Paine art center and gardens looks like a beautiful place. It's so nice that your boys are renting a place together, you deserve to take five now! I love your top five but not so sure about the zombie crossing- eeek! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice that your boys are living together and settled in! How nice that Marv got to see Sam. We've been seeing so many butterflies. It's nice to have some normal bits coming back (like sports). I hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that your boys are sharing an apartment! My twin grandsons left the nest about a year ago and also share an apartment together. I enjoyed reading about your top five's, it is a great list. BTW, I loved Downton Abbey! Hope to visit again soon, have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arrrrrrghhhhh...

    I typed one line. Scrolled back up, to read more. My comment disappeared. I just don't know what to do here....

    ~sigh~

    🍂✨🌼✨🍂✨

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the crqziest scarecrow I have ever seen! Wow, I am impressed with all you have got done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yet another storm is moving in and on the bright side the humidity has dropped and there's a nice breeze. The weather has been crazy here this summer too. How nice your boys can share an apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny sign. I like it better than some of the other "slow" signs. Congrats on your boys sharing an apartment and being all moved in. Your temps sound ideal to me. That art center and gardens looks beautiful. Hope the rest of your week goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy your stories Carla... wonderful that your sons are going to be sharing an apartment together, our kids have done the same! It always feels so good when August comes and you get to enjoy the amazing produce from the garden! How wonderful that Marv and your son got to visit together, a sweet blessing! Hope you have a wonderful week ahead! Many blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have enjoyed seeing the Downton dressing. I'm glad you have been productive. I like your list of 5. That's some Zombie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed your answers. We have moved three children many times... it's fun but tiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just listening to baseball helps with normalcy! Fun post. :D
    Marv looks fantastic for his age! He's the one with strong opinions about gardening, right?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love reading all your answers. Happy Thursday sweet friend. Have a wonderful day today. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did enjoy reading your answers, and how wonderful for Marv to drop by ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zombie crossing, lol!!
    Love the photo of Sam and Marv!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!