About The River

Monday, August 24, 2020

Wisconsin Master Gardener Volunteering during COVID 19

 


This week would be the week the North Country Master Gardener Volunteer's would be hosting the Twilight Garden Tour. With COVID 19 the tour has been cancelled.

Ah, but us Master Gardener's got creative on how we can still reach out to those that like to learn about gardening. 



 
Many of us have filmed videos at our homes or at the research gardens.
Above is a photo of me doing a video on Tips and Tricks with making bouquets using flowers in your flower garden. My husband helped me create the video.
We had all kinds of stops and starts.  We had wind, a lawn mower, a helicopter fly over and our resident wren got in the video too. And even though I was at home doing this in front of my husband, I was nervous. I also had to keep the video at about 5 to 6 minutes, so I did not want to get carried away talking about flowers.. that I can do very easily. Ha ha!
The summer of 2018 and 2019 I held bouquet making classes, with people attending, it was fun and I think it was easier, because people interact with you.
 
I do think I would do better filming my second time around after seeing how I did this first time. Do you have any tips when filming, please share with me.



Here is a bouquet from me to you!


13 comments:

  1. Oh I enjoyed the video! You did a great job and took your time...what a pretty voice you have! Love the tip about putting a little water in the bucket when you go out to pick your flowers. I've never done that. The only thing I can think of to make it better....the hat shaded your eyes. I would have liked to have seen your eyes better. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Carla. One tip I would give you would be to have your crib sheet pinned up in front of you if possible so that you can see it while still looking at the camera. (Like a autocue would be.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, you are a Master Gardner!

    One of our son's Mother in Law, is a Master Gardner. She learned, while they were living in England. ~smile~

    πŸŒΌπŸŒ½πŸŒΌπŸ…πŸŒΌπŸ†πŸŒΌπŸ‰πŸŒΌ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did wonderfully!! I loved your tips and hearing the birds sing was so soothing and your voice was so calming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so good to see and hear you on a video!! You did so well,and professional! And lots of good info on making bouquets, which I am awful at. I actually think the windchimes add to the delight of the video. Kind of like a dreamy fairy-like background music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great video, thanks for sharing. Your arrangement looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job on the video! Great tips...and I've never used hostas in arrangements. Your arrangements are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww Carla you have such a knack for this. Your sweet voice and love seeing this video with all your tips. The bouquet is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla you are a natural. I can never get these things to download. Frustrates the heck out of me. I love your hosta tip! Your bouquet is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh by the way I loved the wind chime noise

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love your bouquets, and how you're not afraid to put anything in them! Before I started visiting your stand, I'd never thought to put herbs or random leaves into a bouquet - now I almost always do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you did fabulous! I really would never guess it was your first video.
    Thank you for sharing your tips and tricks, and your backyard with us :)

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!