About The River

Monday, November 23, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving

 



Happy Thanksgiving my dear friends. As we continue to be brave and face each day together. I want you all to know how Thankful I am for you.

There are days when the heaviness of this year starts to get to be much. I want to thank you for lifting my spirits. This land of blogging is a positive outlet for me and it brings me so much joy. At the very same time you all bring me smiles, inspiration and so much more.

Thank You 

♥ 

Carla



Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.

Albert Camus

 

There's a Great Big Turkey Out on Grandma's Farm

To the tune of Polly Wally Doodle

 There's a great big turkey out on Grandma's farm, 

And he thinks he's very gay.

He spreads his tail into a great big fan and struts around all day.

You can hear him gobble at the girls and boys,

For he thinks he's singing when he makes that noise --

But he'll sing his song a different way

Upon Thanksgiving Day!


16 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Carla. We are just two this year-my daughter/grandgirls live 7 blocks away and might as well be on the moon. lol. Hopefully, by next year we can all get back to real life. Take good care-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Carla, it has been a difficult year for some of my blog friends this year in more ways than one but their faith and friends and families is what keeps them going.
    When we put our trust in God it helps a lot.

    Covid numbers are going up in our province as well as one area had a large social event and that's all it takes. We are still opened but for how long?

    Are you going to get one of those big turkeys for your Thanksgiving dinner. The prices for turkeys is so high in our grocery stores. I've never seen any wild turkeys around here. Maybe we have too many foxes around. If I was you, I'd put a few in my freezer.lol.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you as well my dear friend and stay safe and well.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gave me a good laugh! I am thankful for you, too, Carla!! We have bene blog buddies for a long time now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cartoon is cute! Ha! I wish you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving, Carla. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Giving thanks for all my blessings this week and praying for all of those in need. Thank you sweet friend for sharing your friendship. I count you as one of my blessings in life. May you have a wonderful day on Thursday with your family. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Carla! (I'm working on the Bubble Bread blog post - the kids are currently eating the finished product!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving, Carla. Fun turkey photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving.. Blogs have been a great connector duringCOVID

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL. Happy Thanksgiving, dear Carla.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

    And I applaud your sentiments. About Blog Land.

    We do hold each other's hands, in regular times. And it is even more important, in terrible times.

    Long live Blog Land!!!!

    🍗 ✨ 🍗

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, reading blogs often lifts my spirits as I hear about people's lives, problems and joys. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank You for being
    my Dear Blogging Friend!!!
    💛 💛 💛 💛 💛 💛 💛 💛

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such lovely words. Thank you for your friendship. Sweet post. Hope you had a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. you made me laugh. 350 degrees lol

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!