About The River

Thursday, October 13, 2022

Milwaukee River Walk and Who's On Third

 Hello Friends,

During our time before attending the send off for Sam we explored The Milwaukee River Walk.  It was a lovely afternoon for a walk. We saw several pontoons, kayaks and even a canoe on the river.

In the early 1990s, a dedicated committee of downtown visionaries dreamed big. The Milwaukee RiverWalk District teamed up with the City of Milwaukee, and years of development and several national awards later, today’s RiverWalk winds more than 20 blocks from its' northernmost to southernmost point. The RiverWalk is unified by permanent and changing art exhibitions that create a unique, urban, outdoor gallery. A leisurely stroll provides plenty of opportunities to discover Milwaukee in a distinct way.





We enjoyed a dinner of Fish and Chips at Who's on Third.

We dined outside and enjoyed people watching. A wedding was happening somewhere, the groom and bride went along the sidewalk hand in hand. Then they stood in the center of the street and had their photo taken in many fun poses. It was fun to watch everyone congratulate them, hooting and hollering cheers.  



 

Have you visited Milwaukee? Any favorite places you would like to share with us?


Goodbye Milwaukee.. see you again when Sam returns with the 157th.

Carla

 
 

14 comments:

  1. We have a similar river walk in Detroit along the Detroit River. There are fountains and art and food vendors galore. We also have one in our own county along our very own St Clair River in the small city of Port Huron. Once we almost stepped on a baby duck which darted out on us. Lots of turtles and ducks to be found along this one. Plus a freighter now and then. Your food looked delish! I love visiting different towns and restaurants, but never have been to Milwaukee. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Riverwalk looks super-cool. I have NOT been to Milwaukee, but did you know that Trip worked in Green Bay for a couple of years?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fish and chips looks awesome,and beer battered! What a secial and beautiful place this is! I have never been there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not visited Milwaukee but I would love to. Your day sounded fun. I love seeing a bride and groom randomly! A river walk is always great to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice walk you took along the river, Carla. Those fish and chips look delicious. I get a batch from time to time at a local eatery, and they are Yummy. I like that they added coleslaw on your dish also. Sounds like a pleasant day, Carla, exploring and eating good food.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids all love Milwaukee and spending time there. I like it but wouldn't want to live there. lol. I am glad you enjoyed it. Would still love to meet up in Cedarburg sometime! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice. I haven't been down there for a while. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Riverwalk looks lovely, I enjoyed your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never been to Wisconsin and have never heard of the Milwaukee River Walk. I love when cities plan and try to make their areas user friendly. The fish and chips look good!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been. It looks like a really pretty place!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos of Milwaukee, Carla! I hope the time passes very quickly until your next visit.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. No I have never been to Milwaukee! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing this. I have never been to Milwaukee, though I hope to some time. Your fish and chips looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!