About The River

Friday, April 14, 2023

2023 TePaske Easter Cake

 

 

Hello Friends,

Here it is, the 2023 Easter Cake. 

I see now, that we did not turn the cake to get all the chicks smiling at you too. Oh dear. You can see the one smiling chick.

 

 

White Texas Sheet Cake

1 cup of butter

1 cup of water

2 cups of all purpose flour

2 cups of sugar

2 eggs, beaten

1/2 cup of sour cream

1 teaspoon almond extract

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

In large saucepan, bring butter and water to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, almond extract, salt and baking soda until smooth. Pour into greased 15" x 10" baking pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 22 minutes or until cake is golden brow and tests done. Cool for 20 minutes. Spread frosting over cake.

Frosting 

1/2 cup of butter

1/4 cup of milk

4 1/2 cups of powdered sugar

1/2 teaspoon almond extract

In a sauce pan, combine butter and milk, bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add sugar and almond extract, mix well. 


 Enjoy!



14 comments:

  1. Super cute and very delicious I am sure. I look forward to seeing your cakes each year. Happy Friday. Have a great weekend. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful cake, Carla. It's so creative and fun, and looks Yummy! I like how you used the pretzels for the gate, and the coconut and jelly beans really add a pop of color. It's just wonderful, and I love when you share with us the Easter cakes you bake every year.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Easter cake. I'm impressed with your creativity. I bet it brought a lot of smiles to
    Happy Spring. Thanks for sharing. Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla..what an incredible job decorating the cake!
    And...you had me sold right away with the addition of almond extract. Yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so cute. Thank you for sharing the photos and the recipe. Hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, this is ADORABLE!!! I am saving it to my picture file and making it next year! I may even make it this summer if I can find the candy this late after Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is absolutely adorable! I bet it tasted so good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well isn't that just the cutest! You clever clogs you. Thanks for sharing the recipe! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute Eater cake. Once I did one in all marzipan. It was a garden with a bunny in it. I had rows of different veggies made out. Took me forever and never did another again like it. I know the smiling chick on yours made everyone smile! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the recipe. What fun, and it looks delicious. Glad you had a Happy Easter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you shared this after the events of last weekend. I do look forward to seeing your Easter cake.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful cake! I love the little fences!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!