About The River

Friday, April 21, 2023

On The Road Friday ~ Arizona

 Hello Friends,

Get ready to hop into your time machine for a blast to the past.

A few weeks ago while writing answers for the Hodgepodge I shared about a favorite Easter break and Easter dress.

Here we go .... into the past on this on the road Friday.

 

My Uncle Paul's mom lived in Tuscon, Arizona. I had the opportunity to travel with my Uncle and Aunt from Wisconsin to Arizona to celebrate Easter with my Uncle Paul's family.

 


My favorite Easter dress. One of my Aunt Sally's hobbies is photography, she had me do several poses wearing my Easter dress.


 

I remember loving the desert. I still do. And I always say if I get tired of Wisconsin winters,  we just might move to Arizona. As for now, Wisconsin will remain Home Sweet Home, even with our crazy weather.


 

Another thing I notice looking back at these photos and answered for a recent Hodgepodge, is my second favorite color is pink. Look at the pink Easter dress and pink shorts. 

I also had my childhood bedroom painted pink.



Thank you for coming along with me on the road Friday and down memory lane.


Carla

14 comments:

  1. What a cutie you were and I still see the resemblance, though more mature. What a lovey childhood memory. Thanks for sharing.

    Although I don't have anything to wear in pink, I have a pink porcelain tile floor in my sun room. It looks good with the green plants.

    Thanks for sharing your childhood memories with us.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww you are just adorable in these pictures. I think all of us midwesterners say we want to move to where it is warmer but then we think about it and say we would miss the different flowers and seasons. You guys really got hit this winter. We did not have that much snow and the temps were mild. So I cannot complain. The only issue now is we go for a few days in winter temps then to summer temps and back again!!! Wish Spring would just stay. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have visited Arizona. My nephew and his wife live there now. He almost got bit by a rattlesnake hiking. I hate snakes, so I think I will stay in Michigan. Pretty in pink you are! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, look at you as a sweet little girl. I loved going down memory lane and seeing your cute Easter dress and hearing about your travels to Arizona with your uncle and aunt. That's wonderful that your Aunt Sally used to take lots of pictures of you. And your childhood bedroom was painted pink! I also had pink in my room at one time when I was young. That desert museum sounds interesting and fun. Oh, these old stories are heartwarming, and you look like a happy child. Thanks for sharing your memories with us, Carla. Your pictures are so clear, by the way. It's hard for me to take pictures of the old vintage pictures. They always seem to come out hazy haha.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Carla! Love the dress and the peek back!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, you were so cute. Those of us who were able to travel as kids are so fortunate. It opens up the world and boosts our curiosity and creativity. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet post. I love Arizona but it is brutal in the summer. I enjoyed all of the photos. Your so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how adorable you were! Love your pixie haircut! Very Audrey. Tucson summers are so much nicer because of the higher elevation. When 4 o'clock comes around the winds pick up and it cools off. The Valley of the Sun does not do that because we are at a substantially lower elevation than Tucson. It seems like I have lived everywhere. LOL... I lived there too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, I know I commented here has it gone into spam?

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, I know I commented here has it gone into spam?

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carla those pictures are precious. What wonderful memories. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so happy you shared the pictures from your Arizona trip. Adorable!
    I love the pink font too :)

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!