About The River

Monday, April 10, 2023

Courage, Dear Heart

 

Hello Friends, this was not the post I planned for Easter Monday. I was going to share the 2023 TePaske Easter cake. Sadly, a terrible event happened in our Village, Saturday afternoon. 

I was on my walk, when all of a sudden sirens and emergency vehicles where coming into the Village at a fast pace. As I turned the corner to the high school an EMT helicopter began to land in an area across the way. 

Parked in the high school parking lot where additional squad cars and a tow truck.

In my mind, I thought, goodness this is a terrible auto accident.

When I arrived home, my friend Judy informed me that two police officers had been killed.

As the news broke, this was a routine traffic stop and the officers were shot to death.

My heart is broken.

I do not have any words, only sadness. 

I ask for prayer for the families of the fallen officers and our community.

Carla

 

“But no one except Lucy knew that as it circled the mast it had whispered to her, "Courage, dear heart," and the voice, she felt sure, was Aslan's, and with the voice a delicious smell breathed in her face.”

C.S. Lewis

15 comments:

  1. Saying a prayer for the families of the fallen officers and your community.
    God bless.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awful!!! I am so sorry you all had to go through this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear Carla. I'm so very sorry that this incident happened in your quiet village especially at this Holy time just before Easter. We hear of things like this so frequently now, it has become almost a daily news. I hope that they have apprehended the suspect. It's a thankless job being a cop now a day. My deep condolences to the families of these officers and your community. God help us. Evil is spreading at a fast pace all over the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so sad when you posted this on my blog. So sad to also hear more were killed today in Kentucky. What is this world coming to???? Praying for the families of those killed. Their lives will NEVER be the same. Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Carla, as I said in my e-mail to you, I'm so very sorry that this happened. It's such a tragedy, and Yes, I did say a prayer, as the hearts in your village are breaking right now. This is a perfect quote, and one that I will remember this whole week. Thank you.

    love you, Carla.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sad. Prayers for the families of these fallen heroes and prayers for all of you that live in a very peaceful town. This is so tragic. sad this can happen anywhere. May God hear our prayers for the families and all of you living in this sweet town but also that we can find some solutions to these tragic shootings. Hugs sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How terrible Carla. I'm so sorry to hear about this senseless violence. Prayers for the families and your town.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Carla, I'm so sorry to hear this. How terribly sad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sad. Things like this shouldn't be happening. I am keeping everyone in my prayers. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I'm so sorry Carla. I did hear about that situation, and the female cop had a connection to Stoughton, south of Madison, which is close to me. So, so sad. It is impossible to find the words...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carla I have never visited you before but seen your sad note on your little village's tragedy. Am praying for those families who lost their beloved member. Hold onto your faith Carla. ..the Lord hears our prayers. Hope to come visit you again. Hugs!

      Delete
  11. Oh Carla this is dreadful! I am so sorry. It's terrifying when such violence hits anywhere, but doubly so when it's close to home. Praying for you, friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear this Carla. So many pointless deaths happening everywhere but it's especially hard when it happens close to home.

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!