About The River

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Happy Easter and it is the Hodgepodge!

 

Happy Easter Friends,  today is Wednesday and that means it is time for the Hodgepodge.

Joyce asks the questions.

We answer the questions.

Click here to join the fun! 

 1.What would you say is the most difficult task when it comes to spring cleaning? Cleaning our ceiling fans. Have you completed that task this year? I did the two I can reach on Monday.  Any plans to get it done? I have to call in the tall guy 'aka' my husband to help me with the others.

2. Your favorite pastel color? Pink Favorite thing you own in a pastel shade? Pink is my second favorite color. I have several mementos from my childhood that are pink. My grandma Vida would usually gift me something in the color pink, she knew it was a favorite color of mine.

 3. Do you like ham? Yes, I do like ham. Do you fix ham year round or is it mostly just a 'holiday food'? We bake a large ham during holidays. We enjoy small ham year round. Baked ham-ham and eggs-ham and cheese sandwich-scalloped potatoes and ham-Hawaiian pizza....what's your pleasure? Ham and Swiss cheese with mayo, mustard on a croissant, oh yes, lightly toasted. 

4. Do you celebrate Easter? Yes What did Easter look like when you were a kid? We would celebrate with family. My parents took a lot of time and effort in creating Easter Basket hunts for us kids. It was always great fun. What are your plans for Easter this year? We will be traveling to visit my parents. My sister and her husband will meet us. 
 
 
5. Something that makes you feel hopeful amidst all the chaos and confusion this world brings? I am enrolled in a The Bible in a Year study. I am always excited to get to it each day, because it really is helping me remember that TRUTH has been revealed to us.
 
6. Insert your own random thought here. 
Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present and future. 
Gail Lumet Buckley
 

 

 

16 comments:

  1. So many fun Easter memories come to mind while reading your post. Thanks for sharing, I love reading the Hodgepodge answers!! Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to always need help from the "tall beings" in my home for things like cleaning ceiling fans. I didn't even think about that task as part of spring cleaning this year! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quote!
    And, if you don't mind I'll have one of your croissant ham sandwich with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You reminded me I should probably clean the fans soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been doing some spring cleaning too. No ceiling fans but lots of closets to clean out. Have a great week and safe travel for Easter. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm short so I bought a nice folding three step stool with a rail on which I can hold on and I can reach the fans to clean it. Cleaning with my arms up is most painful to me.
    I think my favorite pastel color is beige or off white.
    We usually have ham year round and at Easter also.
    My Faith keeps me grounded in the truth and I trust in Jesus. I keep my eyes on His Merciful Heart. He's in control and He will have the last word. What is from God will endure and what is from man, will crumble.

    I love your #6 quote. So true.

    Have a blessed Holy Week.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you will have a lovely Easter gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed reading your answers this week. Hope you have a fun time with your family. Happy Easter! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla, I love that last quote, and I have it in my journal for quotes. A beautiful Easter photo you have shared today. I liked all your answers. It was so nice to hear that Easter was a wonderful time for you as a child. Your Bible Study sounds very special, and the things you are going to learn from it. Ham and Swiss cheese on a croissant - me too! And pink is just a happy color, isn't it?

    Happy Easter to one of my favorite people in blog land. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the image that you shared. So true, ceiling fans are not easy to clean. Pink is a lovely color. Your sandwich does sounds good. I would enjoy eating and Mark would love it! It sounds like you will have a wonderful Easter Sunday. Enjoy! Love your random thought. We now have a Google Hub in the kitchen. Adam and Gabby gave it to us at Christmas and it is fun walking into the kitchen and seeing the faces of family members. We have put on old family photos and new photos of people living and those who have passed away.
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your Easter visit with family, Carla, safe travels. Enjoyed your answers, my Easter celebration as a child was very similar to yours, and we like ham year round too!
    Happy Easter.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated Easter! I hope you enjoyed Easter with your family. I like pink, too. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun answers! I dislike cleaning ceiling fans as well. I hope you had a nice Easter with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those ceiling fans certainly are a pain to clean. TG helps me with mine. I cannot live without my fans! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!