About The River

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

It is a Peachy Hodgepodge

 


Summer Time Fun

 

It is time for the Hodgepodge.

Joyce asks the questions.

We answer the questions.

Click here to join in! 

 

 1. What is an adult problem nobody prepared you for? 

Aging Gracefully.. it takes more work then I was prepared for.. Ha Ha! Currently I am struggling with my eyesight... it is a current problem!!  I use to wear contacts and used readers to work on the computer, read, sew and other up close activities. I recently switched to wearing glasses with  progressive lenses. I still cannot do up close work wearing my progressive lenses. This includes creating my fresh flower bouquets, reading, sewing, and more.

 

 2. Without mentioning any tech, what's your most prized possession? 

1. My family


 

 Sam's return last July from his deployment to Africa.

 

 3. It's National Peach Ice Cream Day (July 17th). Will you be celebrating? Do you like peaches? Given a choice would you prefer peach ice cream, peach pie, peach cobbler, or just hand me a peach? Do you own anything that is peach in color?

I do like peaches. I love peach cobbler. Yes, I have a peach colored T-shirt.

 4. What makes a friendship successful? 

I think it is taking time to listen to your friend. And your friend taking time to listen to you. To be the LIGHT for that friend on a dark day. 

 This can be in person, phone call or even texts messages. I do think if you can take the time to listen you can learn so much about a person.

Friends - they are kind to each other's hopes & cherish each other's dreams.

Henry David Thoreau

 5. Let's give our brains a rest and do a little summertime this or that...beach or pool? ice cream or snowcone? amusement park or camping? burger or hot dog? watermelon or strawberries? get up early or sleep in late? sunrise or sunset? 

Beach

Ice Cream

Camping

Burger

Strawberries

Get up early

Sunset

 6. Insert your own random thought here. 

 

Friendship is born at the moment one person says to another,

"What? You too? I thought I was the only one." 

C.S. Lewis 

 

 


 

16 comments:

  1. I’ve been having problems with my eyes since my cataract procedure a couple years ago. I have a hunch I may be one of the few who has not “seen” the benefits. My eyes tire, it feels like my lenses are smeared, and I too am having a hard time seeing up close. It’s a bummer. Oh well.

    I love that you said your family as your most prized possession. I believe so far you are the only one! Sweet photo of your family. Yes! Our family should be our prized possession- you can’t replace them ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our families are so important! I love that picture of the ice cream cones. I remember eating cones like that as a kid!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have eye problems too and can barely read the small print on the comments. I wear bifocals because I could not get used to progressive. I take them off when am on the computer and put on glasses for that. I have cataracts and will need surgery. I also have dry eye. Thank God for glasses! I like the picture of you with your family. I like that quote from C.S. Lewis. That was so true when I was leading a class on depression. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still say my eyesight is the one thing that reminds me on a regular basis I am no longer young. It's frustrating. I guess I didn't include my people and probably should have added my dog in there too. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our son had a fit trying to get used to the progressive lenses. And now, most optical places always use them as their first choice unless you say otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always had good eyesight up until a couple months ago. I now have a floater that is driving me nuts. Peaches! I love them anyway I can get them. This is a good picture of your family and I agree....family is the most prized possession. The bonds in a family are priceless. I had friends day yesterday and having good friends sure makes life soooo nice. This is a sweet hodgepodge filled with all things good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe working on a computer everyday at work is ruining my eyes. UGH Families are most important and so happy Sam came home safe to you. I love peaches and all fruit. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Family indeed...nothing else truly matters! Oh, and for this and that, can I choose beach and pool? Too hard to choose!! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted to wish you well and say how much I have enjoyed your posts and your blog friendship. I have decided to leave Blogger and close down my blog. Take Care, Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that quote. I think we are all looking for someone who gets us; especially because everyone is weird in their own right but want someone who understands it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed your answers. My eye doctor suggested different reading glasses for me when I use the computer and that has helped. I am finding small print on some blogs to be pretty hard to read regardless. Yes! Family is precious! Happy Hodgepodge to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed reading your answers Carla and yes family is soo important.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about your eyesight. I have the start of cataracts. Aging is not fun! Family is a great answer. Nice answer about friends. I love your C. S. Lewis quote. Hope your are having a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your answer to all of these are so relatable! On get up early or stay up late, I still like the idea of staying up late, but just can't do it anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummm...now I want some peach treats! I loved reading your would you rather options. My eyesight is going too. I never wore glasses but need readers now and I have a pair of progressive readers but sometimes they make me nauseous if I wear them too long. I have a big magnifying glass with a light when I need extra help. haha! The wrinkles of aging gracefully get to me. I don't own a peach piece of clothing, maybe I should try something?! I know you are a light to all of your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well I will take peach just about anything except I do not wear that color, haha! No shade of orange really suits me although I do have an orange tee that has a big raven on the front and I love that. As for beach or pool, I love the beach but only after the sun has gone away, haha! I like my pool because it's only steps from my house. As for camping or amusement park, most definitely neither. Take me out to the ballgame! A burger and watermelon always hits just right! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!