About The River

Friday, October 4, 2024

10·4·24

 

 

Memories

10-4 

Do any of you remember saying 10-4 or do you still say 10-4 today?

My sister, me and our friends would play all kinds of games as kids. I remember riding bikes pretending we were semi truck drivers on CB's .. 10-4 .. Roger That!

We played other games that required us to say 10-4. 

Today I am saying 10-4 to all my readers.. 10-4  10-4” is a radio signal that means "you have got it." or "OK".

Let us all pray for our friends, family and strangers who have lost everything during the past week. 

10-4

Carla


7 comments:

  1. Prayers for all of those in the path of Helene. Ha Ha being married to a firefighter I sure do know what 10-4 means. Have a great Friday and wonderful weekend sweet friend. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever! 10-4 back to you!
    And Yes mighty prayers to all in the regions affected by Helene. Heartbreaking 💔

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10-4 Good buddy, we used that all the time -especially while playing cops & robbers on our bicycles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the days of CB radios and CB lingo/fun!! I have some great CB stories...but will save those:) I love your photo...and hope all is 10-4 with you. (This also reminds me of police radios and working at the department where I met my husband a liftetime ago!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely photos! You captured them at just the right time of day. You don't hear much about CB radios anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't remember saying that. Yes, I am definitely praying for everyone. The damage and loss of life is absolutely devastating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 10-4 Carla. When my youngest brother was maybe 5 or so, he would always pretend he was driving a big rig truck...We would play talk on a play CB radio and we would always say 10-4. I remember those days of "Roger that". lol. I love the pictures with the sun glistening through. Enjoy the weekend..

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!