About The River

Wednesday, October 16, 2024

I am Nuts about Jeremy and it is time for the Hodgepodge

 

I am NUTS for this  fella!

 

Hello Friends, it is Wednesday, it is time for the Hodgepodge. 

Joyce asks the questions.

 We answer the questions.

Click here to join the fun! 

 

1. How did you meet your significant other? If you don't have a significant other, tell us how you met your best friend. 

 I met my husband working at the Supper Club his parents owned and operated. I was a dishwasher/waitress. He was a bartender/waiter/cook.

2. It's Department Store Day (October 16)...do you still shop in department stores? If not do you miss that kind of shopping experience? Do you have a favorite department store? Any fun memories of department store shopping when you were a child?

 

I use to shop at Department Stores. I do not do it much now. I did enjoy it.

One of my fun memories of shopping at a department store, was with my sister and aunt Sharon. We pretended to have foreign accents as we tried on clothing.  We laughed and laughed and laughed.

 3. Something you're currently nuts about?

 Going for walks with Ernie. I love this time of year with the colored leaves, crisp air and bright blue sky. I am also nuts about pumpkins. We live close to a pumpkin farm stand. All shapes, sizes and colors of pumpkins, gourds and squash. We purchased pumpkins for our pumpkin carving party, gourds for decorating and squash for eating. I already made squash soup, yum!

 

4. What's your favorite nut and is there a favorite recipe where this nut is used? 

My favorite nut is a cashew. I do not have a favorite recipe using cashews. 

 5. On Wednesday we officially reach the '70 days until Christmas' mark. Have you purchased any gifts? If you don't celebrate Christmas then how about Hanukkah presents? 

I have not purchased any gifts. 

I do have a list of what I plan to purchase or make for family and friends for Christmas.

6. Insert your own random thought here.   

A little bit of my autumn decorating... 




 

Happy Autumn Days!!

 

1 comment:

  1. It's fun reading how people met. I finally did a little fall decorating last weekend since I had family coming on Sunday. It was motivating and apparently I needed motivating : ) Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!