Hello Friends,
It is Wednesday, that means it is time for the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. What was the last thing you celebrated?
Our wedding anniversary and your youngest son's birthday.
2 July 29th is International Day of the Tiger. Besides the wild animal itself, when you hear the word tiger what's the first person-place-thing-whatever that comes to mind?
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers is Tiggers are wonderful things! Their tops are made out of rubber, their bottoms are made out of springs!"
Tigger of Winnie the Pooh, he is a favorite of mine.
3. The expression 'eye of the tiger' describes someone with intense focus, determination, and the drive to succeed. What area of your life are you currently bringing that kind of energy to?
I am focusing on the garden harvest right now. We process most of our garden goodness for winter eating and I will soon be in the thick of it.
4. What was the last meal you cooked?
I made a salmon dish last Friday.
5. Describe your July using exactly five words.
America ~ celebrating the 250!!
Hot ~ Wisconsin has been in a heat wave for most of the month.
Smoke ~ wildfire smoke made things interesting.
Garden ~ keeping the garden watered and tended.
Praying ~ our military son was away for training.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
We do not receive many messages from our military son often during training. We did receive a message after a nasty storm rolled through, with a photo and the following ...
"Hanging in there."



Thank you to your son for serving in the military! It's a really good time for the garden isn't it? It sounds like you are harvesting a lot- how awesome!!
ReplyDeletePlease tell your son I thank him for his service. Harvest season is near and glad you are able to store your food for those long Winter months. Janice
ReplyDeleteI have a counter full of peppers to do something with today. I've enjoyed my girl's gardens this summer. They have had a lot to share. I'm glad your son is safe and appreciate his service to our country. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteGlad all is well with the boys. These crazy storms of late. How great all your efforts in the garden are paying off with getting ready for the winter months. Have a good week. Hugs. Kris
ReplyDeleteYour son continues to be an inspiration! Please thank him for his service and for being such a wonderful representation of the best of our youth! Hugs to you my friend! xo
ReplyDeleteHats off to your military son. God bless him and keep him. Hooray for Tigger! It is a busy time of year for gardeners like you! Enjoy the bounty!
ReplyDeleteYes, good job on your son - I can only imagine your worry and not hearing from him very often. God bless! Stuffed zuchinni was the last dish made from the garden.
ReplyDeletehehehe! I said Tigger for question #2 too and I will have that song stuck in my head all day now.
ReplyDeleteThat is good you heard from your son.
Tigger! Pooh and friends were such a great creation 😀
ReplyDeleteOh, how I love and admire our military and their families. The best of the best, as far as I am concerned.
ReplyDeleteYou sure have a brave son!! And I know this cannot be easy for you.
ReplyDeleteOh goodness...how could I have forgotten "smoke" when thinking of five words! That was one for the record books!! Happy (belated) anniversary!!
ReplyDeleteThey certainly do hang in there, don't they? No choice. Such heroes. My July words are hot, hopeful, prayerful, grateful, and celebrate! xoxo 🏴☠️
ReplyDeleteLovely photos, dear friend! Today here in Montreal it is very hot and humid. Cloudy, but still hot and humid! LOL! Your son is very brave, Carla! I am very grateful for those who try to make others' lives easier and safe! God bless them.
ReplyDeleteThanks to your son for his service. <3 Happy anniversary and birthdays, and yay, Tigger!
ReplyDeleteTigger is fun! I have a picture with him when I was at Disneyland. That is great that your garden gets you through the seasons. I am glad your son is safe! Thank him for his service! Thanks for your prayers too!
ReplyDelete