About The River

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

On the Shores of Lake Superior

 

 

On August 29, 2026 on the shores of Lake Superior two dear people got married. 

It was a simple wedding, with family and friends in attendance.  

 

Our son Samuel married his sweetheart of seven years, Caitlin.

They have persevered several military deployments during that seven years. They continued to grow stronger in friendship and love.

Here is our son Samuel and his beautiful wife Caitlin. 

 


 

 Thank you dear blog friends for praying for this new couple. Many of you have watched our boys grow up through reading my posts here at The River.

 I am excited to share this news with you today. 

A new chapter begins.  

 ♥

Carla

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the newlyweds. May their love only grow stronger for each other. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Caitlyn and Sam. Sam is such a wonderful man you should be so proud of him. Serving our country and being a kind and caring man. You did so well with both him and Atticus. May Sam and Caitlyn have a beautiful journey through life together. Hopefully a few grandchildren along the way wink wink!!!! Just when you think you cannot love anyone more than your own child they give you a grandchild and your heart will explode all over again. Happy New Week. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww congratulations to the lovely couple and to you, dear Carla. I pray for a long and happy marriage for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got so teary and excited reading this! How beautiful and what a wonderful addition to your family. I'm so happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to the happy couple! What beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the lovely couple. Wishing them all the best.
    I hope that someday in the near future you will be called gramma.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations and best wishes to Samuel and Caitlin! They are a beautiful couple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness they are a gorgeous couple!!! You are very blessed indeed! Is he still in the military?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy for Sam and Caitlin. May they have a sweet and dear life together. Yes, I've known Sam for 15 years when you started blogging. We go way back, don't we? This is a beautiful picture of them, Carla. What a lovely dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m so happy for all of you and for Sam and Caitlin in their marriage. I’m continuing to pray for the beautiful couple. God bless them. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an incredible location for a wedding! Beautiful couple and many congratulations! You must be over the moon!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to the happy couple. Wishing them health, happiness and lots of laughter. And congrats to proud parents as well.. your hearts must be so full.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How nice! Congratulations to the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is lovely news.
    A beautiful photograph of Samuel and Caitlin.
    My congratulations and good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Carla!! Congratulations to all, how wonderful!! They make a beautiful couple and looks so happy. I wish them a lifetime of love! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Carla, what a beautiful couple they are. I simply can't believe Samuel is old enough to get married...and be in the military. Doesn't time fly! He is so handsome and Caitlin is beautiful. Congratulations to them and to you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations to Caitlyn and Sam!
    Beautiful wedding picture of them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a wonderful and significant event in their lives. Congrats and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful setting (in spite of the weather) for a darling couple. :D Thanks for sharing your photos!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!