My mom and little me.
It is time for the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. March is National Women's History Month. In that vein, who are three women who've been influential in your life? How so?
My Mom ~ she has taught me so many things. She has been patient with me. She encourages me as a mother. She helps our family in all ways that she can.
We do not live in the same community. We do not see each other often. But that does not stop her from helping, sending hugs as little things in the mail and encouraging all of us.
My Grandma Vida ~ She was just fun to grow up with. She loved her family and friends. She also taught me so many skills.
My Grandma Martha ~ She was fun to grow up with. She was a rural mail carrier for 40 years. I went with her on her route many times. Those times have great memories. I learned from my Grandma Martha to help those in need. She was very generous.
2. In what ways do you think women have it easier than men?
As a mother of boys, I think women are blessed in the way it is easy for us to communicate. I really can see that as my boys grow older.
3. What do you need most right now: faith, love, hope, or peace?
I am starting to fret over the up coming election.
I need to remember God is in control!
4. Do you have a collection? If so, what do you collect and why?
I love collecting nature. I have rocks, sea glass, pine cones, feathers and birch bark added in my decor.
Heart shaped rocks are special finds. The one above is a larger heart shaped rock my son Sam found. I place it in a potted plant each Spring.
5. Plaids, checks, polka dots, stripes...your favorite?
My husband and I received Stormy Kromer hats for Christmas a couple years ago.
I love plaid!
6. In what ways are you the same as your childhood self?
I love to giggle, laugh and make other people laugh!
7. You're a contestant on the TV game show Jeopardy. What category will you ace?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I think Mud Season has arrived in Wisconsin.
We enjoyed temperatures in the 60's the last few days.