About The River

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Banana Chips

My boys love my banana chips. I love to play with my dehydrator. I have dried bananas, watermelon and cantaloupe. It is great for trips or everyday snacking. With the bananas I dip the banana slices into a honey and water mix. Set your dehydrator for the setting it says for fruit and begin to dry. I check all my projects through out the day. If the weather is really humid it takes longer to dry. 
We purchased our dehydrator three years ago. We enjoy making beef jerky, dried fruit and drying herbs. The watermelon and cantaloupe dries and tastes like a candy.
Do you have any fun fruit, herbs or veggies that you dry?
If so, let me know and pass on the recipe too.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't see this post. I LOVE banana chips and used to make them, years ago. I always liked to buy the bananas everyone else thought were rotten - the ones with all the freckles - made the best banana chips. :-)

    Thank you so much for purchasing my handcrafted Just Peachy and Clover Blossom soap! :-)

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!