About The River

Monday, September 28, 2026

#38

 

 

 

Hello Friends,

We are still doing our weekly dates. #38 was a fun Saturday drive for us. We traveled one of Wisconsin's rustic roads. As we did we stopped at a few farm stands. 

 

 

 

We headed to one of our favorite state parks, Brunet State Park and enjoyed a hike along the Chippewa River.

 

 

Sights along the trail.

 

 

I love all the late summer green in this photo and a taste of autumn as well.

 


"But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines, it'll shine out the clearer."

J.R.R. Tolkien

 

21 comments:

  1. It sounds like y'all had a perfect day date! Did you buy anything at the farm stands?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a Lovely time you both had together. And yes, you were surrounded by gorgeous green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds heavenly walking in a beautiful quiet trail through the park on a date with your man.
    Thanks for sharing life little pleasures.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lush green walk. It looked both peaceful and wonderful. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful Carla. Fresh air and nature one of the best things in the world to enjoy. Hugs Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. That forest at the end is so mysterious and pretty. A Saturday drive sound like a perfect day date. You got to see a lot of interesting things along the way. And stopping at the farm stand sounds delightful. You know, there is a Mount Baldy in So California, and it has snow in the wintertime. Have a blessed week, Carla, and I hope your October is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so good Carla that you both enjoy these dates. I think it's awesome. And the trails in Wisconsin are so very pretty.. Isn't it amazing the things you can see along the trails.?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos, love farm stands. Went to an apple farm last week in NH beautiful day. The Tolkien quote was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all looks beautiful, I especially like your last photo of the trail disappearing into the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your last photo is stunning!!!! It does look like something out of the Hobbit. A lacy and fairy tale like forest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The last comment about the fairy tale forest was me, Ginny. Dang Blogger...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos! And your last picture is absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos of your walk, especially that last one. But I am intrigued about that one photo right above the phrase "sights along the trail" (3rd one from the bottom). What is the white thing?

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is our favorite thing to do together - just take a drive, explore, hike, and have a picnic. God's beauty is the best, always! Love your pictures! The hike looks wonderful! Farm stands are so much fun to visit too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Carla, I love your fall get away together. I want to take more drives in the future. Gas is so expensive here right now at $6.00. Maybe after I come back from Isreal, we can take Minnie to a park we like that has pine trees and Minnie likes the squirrels. Hopefully the weather will be cooler. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful pictures of your hike! It looks like a beautiful hike and fun adventure. Thanks for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you are still doing your weekly dates. That looks like a great hike, what beautiful scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pretty hike! I love all that green foliage!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love farmstand season! Thanks for taking us along on your dates!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!