About The River

Monday, September 14, 2026

Joy List Monday

 Joy List Monday

 ♥ a weekly ritual ♥

a reminder to stop and pay attention to the little beauties and graces that make life magical and to set aside time for gratitude each day

 


 

 ♥ my friend Kitty inspired me to make a tomato tart

♥ harvesting herbs, peppers and tomato from the garden

 

 

♥ decorating for autumn

 ♥ pulling out my favorite decorations

 

 

♥ turning the air conditioner off

♥ opening the windows and letting the fresh autumn air in

 

 

 

♥ autumn evenings are coming in earlier and earlier 

 ♥ enjoying twinkle lights and candles to light the evening

 


 

Wishing you a beautiful week full of little things that make you smile.

 ♥

Carla

  

 

 

22 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your fall inspired photos and hearing about your cool evenings- those have not arrived here yet but I'm sure they're in our future!! The tart looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, isn’t it wonderful!?! I love the twinkling lights as well. And windows open to hear the Canadian Geese flying by.
    Enjoy your tomato tart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carla, I always love your joys of little things, like St. Therese. I’m so glad you made a tomato tart, and I loved seeing all your darling Autumn vignettes around your home. I’ll bet it’s so pretty at night with all the lights and candles flowing. I started Fall decorating, but am still waiting on cooler temperatures! Have a beautiful week of more joys. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it has been bliss to have the windows open and fresh air coming in. The tart looks so yummy. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tomato tart looks good and your autumn decorations are so cute! I love that it's starting to feel like autumn now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that lighted pumpkin, Carla. Your decorations are so nice, and I love how you put out your favorite items. Those are the best ones. Is that a hunter nutcracker? I found one for Brian years ago because he's a hunter. And that Indian corn with different colors is really neat. That tomato tart looks oh, so good. Have a blessed September week, Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your decorations! The big pumpkin is so pretty. I can't tell...is there a light in it? Is this a fall nutcracker? I love the cattails. Is the corn real?

    ReplyDelete
  8. All beautiful things! Thank you for sharing your joy with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That quiche looks so good! And I bet it taste great with the veggies from your garden. I just decorated for fall. I didn’t put too much out this since I am going to Israel then coming back and having cataract surgery. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are ahead of me, I did put a few pumpkins on the porch! And our AC is definitely still ON.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm… that tomato tart looks amazing! Wishing you a wonderful week from Sicily.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great collection of things on your Joyful Monday post. I will be super excited when we can turn the air conditioner off. loving your fall..

    ReplyDelete
  13. That tomato tart looks divine. I hope you husband doesn't share his cold with you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Fall decorations are so pretty and cozy looking. I don't have a lot of Fall things. Maybe a walk up the road?? It is cooler here this morning but high 80s and 90s are coming back this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I suddenly feel the urge to break out the twinkle lights!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always enjoy your joy lists, Carla, and your decorations are so whimsical and fun. Best time of the year!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Carla, I absolutely love ❤️ your joy 😊 lists.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I too love being able to turn off the A/C and open windows instead.
    The tomato tart looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving your Autumn decor. I so love lighting candles now. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  20. That tomato tart looks divine ! I cannot wait to start my fall decorating...as soon as I get home. Well maybe on Monday since we're hosting people this weekend. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks delicious. I like your decorations. I don't decorate much anymore but Adam and Gabby are into Halloween and it's just unbelievable all the decorations they have.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loved the tips on creating custom fill patterns in digitizing software. Adds such a unique touch!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!