About The River

Monday, September 21, 2026

The Joy in the Journey

 

 

Within a tiny acorn, a mighty oak is waiting! Great things always start small, so embrace beginnings and take joy in the journey.

Pearl Sanborn 

 

 

If we are to better the future, we must disturb the present. 

Catherine Booth 

 

 

 

Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile. 

Unknown

 

 All the above photos were taken during our daily walk along the river. 

 

♥ 

Carla

 

18 comments:

  1. What a darn cute caterpillar. You always find some amazing things on your walks. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the unknown comment. How true. Have a good week. Fall is here. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carla, your pictures always delight me, as they are both interesting and wonderful. The quotes are nice too, and I especially liked the second one. Have a blessed September week, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely closeup photos of the caterpillar. There was a huge one on our tomato vine yesterday! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a friend on your walk! Adorable! I hope you have sunny week, Carla! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at that crazy wig on the caterpillar! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! My favorite is the second one. You must have gotten down on your stomach!! They would have to bring in a crane if I did that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quotes and pictures! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are interesting quotes. Awesome photos. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Monday...and happy fall to you!! Have a good week -

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Fall!
    And caterpillars are the perfect fall friends. Great photography! Were you laying down? Lol!
    I enjoyed your quotes.
    Enjoy the new season.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this encouraging post Carla. Wishing you a happy Fall... Are y'all seeing color changes in the trees?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww what a sweet little feller! Just minding his own business. Happy autumn! xoxo 🏴‍☠️

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Carla, what beautiful photos! What a cute little guy! Happy Autumn to you! Oh, by the way, the Catherine Booth quotation caught my eye! I was born here in Montreal in (what was then) a maternity hospital. The name of that hospital was Catherine Booth!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an adorable tiny caterpillar!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!