About The River

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Hang in There ... It is the Hodgepodge.


Can you help me give this photo a caption?

My cousin Kris shared this photo with me.
Donuts for these times?

Hey, it is Wednesday!
That means it is time for the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.



 1. What's something you resolved to do this year? Have you done it?

I have resolved to read a book a month. 
I missed January.
Got back on track in February.
I read two in March.
I am currently reading, Every Living Thing, author James Herriot.

 2. Where do you go to find quietude?


Outside.. going for a walk, hike or simply working in the garden.

That is me, on a recent explore. I had to cross that stream. I had to skip across some rocks to clear the other side. Sadly, my skipping across rocks days are not as good as they once were. I got wet feet. It was worth it. It was an amazing day out.

 3. A friend asked this question on her Facebook page and said I could borrow it for the Hodgepodge...you're only allowed to buy 5 things at the grocery store, and all must start with the first letter of your first name. Whatcha' buying?

Grocery Shopping brought to you by the letter C

 Chicken
 Cheese
Carrots
Celery
Ciabatta

 4. The television show Survivor, the Gloria Gaynor song 'I Will Survive', survival mode, survival of the fittest...pick one and discuss.

Survival Mode 
Taking each day as it comes as we all take this journey together.

 5. Share a favorite quote or saying about strength.

But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.
 Isaiah 40:31

 6. Insert your own random thought here.

 Rock Creek in the Blue Hills area of Wisconsin.
 

18 comments:

  1. I'd say 'survival rations.' Your day out looks fantastic. When are we going to get warm weather, Carla??? It's 28° right now! Brrr. And you lucked out with the grocery list. Lol. Did you say Candy? Chocolate? 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place to hike! I adore James Herriot's books as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love James Herriot's books too. Haven't read one for years, but am seriously thinking that I will start the series again. There's nothing like an old familiar series for comforting reading in distressing times. I've been thinking a lot of the Mitford series lately as well. I've re-read that one a few times and always enjoy revisiting Mitford.

    Your Scripture verse was beautiful. One of my favorites as well. I have so many favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The donuts look absolutely delicious. Your hike looks peaceful, wet feet and all. Great verse on strength :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quote from Isaiah is one of my favorites. In fact, I put this in the program at my Mom's funeral. We have read all the Herriot books, they are SO good!! Don't forget to put toilet paper on your grocery list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The donuts look so delicious, and your quiet place so refreshing.Beatiful scripture too.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well they look like faces with a mask on so maybe "Help I've been masked!" Way to go on reading. Love your quietude. Your grocery list sounds good to me. Love your quote and your random picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those donuts look delicious and your shopping list was good but where was the chocolate? I've found it harder to focus on books at the moment. But yes we will survive this. Glad you enjoyed your hike, even with wet feet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My resolution was about reading too, it's to read 100 books, I'm at 25, doing good so far. What a beautiful place to find solitude.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your answers, Your grocery list sounds much healthier than mine, lol. All I could think about was Jalapeños, Jam, Juice, Jello, and Jelly Beans, lol.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the photos of the outdoors....and you! You have some great choices with the letter C. I don't even know what the last one is though so I feel like I failed the test. heehee! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi sweet Carla. What a great place to walk and be at peace. Reading books is a great way to pass the time and still engage the brain. Great shopping list!
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember that Gloria Gaynor song, it was popular the year my dad died and my mom used to listen to it in the car all the time. I think it helped her. Grocery shopping in the "K" aisle isn't easy. I like your list better..although I'd swap out the ciabatta for cheesecake! ;) There's a k in the middle of that...does it count?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rock Creek in the Blue Hills area of Wisconsin looks so lovely :)
    Sending my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love James Herriot! I bought the first three books on CD for Hannah a few years ago, and we still love to listen to them on long trips!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's been a while since I've read of James Herriot book, but what a great writer. Maybe it's time to revisit his work. I'm with you on the hiking and gardening, and your grocery list. (Although I guess I'd have to think of foods that start with "B.")

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh boy, if we get 5 foods with the first letter of our name, I am going to have Cliff do the shopping, or we won't have much to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What donuts don't know isn't worth knowing?
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!