About The River

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

From My Little House to Your Little House it is the Hodgepodge!

My Little House.. in June.

It is the Hodgepodge!
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.



1. Has spring sprung in your part of the world? How can you tell? Did March come in like a lion where you live? Going out like a lamb or something more ferocious?

Spring is here. We have a few snow banks left in the yard, each day they get smaller and smaller.
March came in like a lamb and I think it decided to go out like a lamb too. We did have high winds, snow, rain and thunder last Saturday and Sunday just so March could say " I am still here!" March weather in Wisconsin can be one day of spring and the next week back to the winter boots and jacket.


 2. The last thing that caused you to spring to your feet?





Miss Penelope. I think she is wondering why we are all home? Today she decided to go from one to the other of the household to see who would play fetch the mouse.

 3. Do you have a spring clean to-do list? What's one chore on the list you've already managed to accomplish? What spring clean chore do you most dread?

 We do have a spring clean to - do list. We already washed our ceilings and walls. 
I am not a fan of doing windows.


4. Tell us something you've learned about yourself or the wider world as a result of social distancing/the virus crisis.


I will share something I am confused about. We have an important election here in Wisconsin, April 7th. We decided last week that it best to vote absentee ballot. It was easy to request on line. I recommend others to go ahead and request an absentee ballot so you are able to do your duty.
I am wondering? Will there be a fair turn out? Is it really safe to hold an election?
At this time of typing my answers for the Hodgepodge, Wisconsin is still having an election next Tuesday.  Hmm? Your thoughts? 


5. Something you love that's the color pink?


I love pink flowers. 
I  love flowers and cannot wait for Spring to burst here in Wisconsin!


6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I read the following this weekend. 

Asking oneself "How will I possibly make it for another three weeks?" is a mistake.
It can feel overwhelming and hopeless. Instead, tell yourself, " I just have to get through today. Things are changing day by day and tomorrow I will deal with tomorrow."

  

19 comments:

  1. Amen. Today is the only day we must get through. Jesus said don't worry about tomorrow. Your flowers are so beautiful. The voting thing is scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice to take one day at a time. Our state went to all mail in ballots so that makes it easier to carry on an election I suppose...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carla,
    Taking it one day at a time is the best way to go. Helps us keep what little sanity we have left. Love seeing your pretty house in June. Wowsie your front yard is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree on one day at a time. Tomorrow will take care of itself. I find when it comes time to vote there is very little choice on finding a good candidate and I usually agonize over it. Sorry, I can't help you.
    Blessings on your day. Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pink flowers are so pretty! Some of my favorite pink things for sure.

    Blessings, and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the flowers are so pretty, especially the fragile-looking little sweetpeas! Good idea to take one day at a time, for each day has enough trouble of its own. I went to sleep last night thinking about one of my least-favorite movies: GroundHog Day. It's starting to seem a little like that. And no I don't think it's safe to hold an election where people congregate. The first place I'll go to congregate with others is church, and I have a sad feeling it won't be until the end of June at the soonest. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am curious about how the elections will work. Surely there are many people who won't know how to request an absentee ballot. Good random thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These flowers are gorgeous!! And your yard is absolutely beautiful. It looks like an English cottage garden. The voting is a tough one for sure. Penelope is beautiful, I don't think I have ever seen her before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Day by day is all we can do right now...at least that's what I keep trying to tell myself and my kids. It's hard not to let our minds jump ahead though. Election thoughts? That's a tough one. I agree, I wonder how many people will hear the news to get a ballot and will understand how to request it, etc. We're having the same dilemmas here. Lots of new challenges....xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the random thought. I need that. Miss Penelope is darling. Happy Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coming in and going out like a lamb is pretty good. That so cute about Miss Penelope. Way to go on Spring cleaning. Well 2020 is definitely a year for the records. I'm not sure about the election but we always vote by absentee ballots. Since Mark use to travel we started doing that years ago. Love the flowers and your random thought. Take care and stay well.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely, one day at a time. It's not easy when everything seems to be changing and shifting day by day, but Jesus does not want us to worry about things that "might" happen tomorrow. Think on what is true today and live accordingly.

    The flowers are gorgeous! And the voting ... I am just not sure, but I think many will not understand what they need to do and will not bother with doing it. So is it fair? Probably not, but again something that is in God's hands.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As a fellow Wisconsinite, I am also anxious about the election. Getting an absentee ballot was very easy to do, but I do wish the Republican legislature had agreed to postpone it. Their thinking is questionable about this. My husband is a poll worker and I worry about his safety. I think there is a judge who is supposed to deliver a judgment on this today or tomorrow. People's health and safety and, indeed, lives, are at stake.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your house looks so cute in spring. Almost Swedish looking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yup . ONE DAY AT A TIME is the only way for me

    ReplyDelete
  16. One day at a time is good advice. We were put on lockdown and told it would be reviewed in 3 weeks. I think many people thought that meant after 3 weeks things would go back to normal. Of course that's not going to be the case. We are in this for the longs haul. I think it would be crazy to hold a public election at this time. It should either all be done by post or postponed. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful flowers, I can almost smell them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are such a gifted gardener! And I love the advice. One day at a time is the way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wowee-wow-wow! I love the photo of your house and I want to see more! Beautiful flowers. Love the bouquet! Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!