About The River

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

December Rewind

 

 

Hello Friends, it is time for December Rewind. 

The following photos are of our annual Village Christmas Parade. I think next season my husband and I are going to have a float from The Little Garden That Could.

Everyone is so creative and full of the Christmas spirit.

 




 

A few of my husband's co workers participated in the parade. 

 

 

I love that pig on top of this truck.

 


 

 Rewinding to Irvine Park's Christmas Village.

 





 Each year a new display is added. The Meat Market was the new cut out display for 2022.



 The Friendly Beasts

Jesus our brother, kind and good,

Was humbly born in a stable rude,

And the friendly beasts around Him stood;

Jesus our brother, kind and good.

"I", said the donkey shaggy and brown, "I  carried His Mother up hill and down; I carried her safely to Bethlehem town." "I", said the donkey shaggy and brown.

"I", said the cow, all white and red, "I gave Him my manger for His bed; I gave Him my hay to pillow His head;" "I" , said the cow, all white and red.

"I" said the sheep with curly horn, "I gave Him my wool for His blanket warm, He wore my coat on Christmas morn." "I" said the sheep with curly horn,

"I", said the dove from the rafters high, "Cooed Him to sleep, that He should not cry, We cooed Him to sleep, my mate and I." "I", said the dove from the rafters high,

"I", said the camel, yellow and black, "Over the desert, upon my back, I brought Him a gift in the Wise Men's pack." "I", said the camel, yellow and black,

Thus, every beast by some good spell, In the stable dark was glad to tell Of the gift he gave Emmanuel, The gift he gave Emmanuel.



 

 

15 comments:

  1. The Christmas Village is awesome! I sure wish I could have walked around it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful parade! We don´t have that here.Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The holiday spirit really glows in your area!! Fantastic events.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! Thanks for sharing the community parade and holiday highlights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh...I can't wait to see your float! What a fun idea!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun parade you went to! We have a Christmas wonderland in Detroit in Hines Park where you drive through to see Christmas lights. Love it. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw...that's the sweetest little poem about the animals, and perfect timing for me to read it today on Epiphany! I love seeing all the floats and the Christmas Village. It's like you live in a Hallmark town! I definitely think you should make a float for The Little Garden That Could and ride in this year's Christmas parade. It could be so cute! :D Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Christmas parade and Christmas village are wonderful, Carla. All the bright lights, and it would be so nice to see 'The Little Garden That Could' float next season. The Friendly Beasts was delightful. Your posts always touch my heart, dear Carla.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a parade and certainly enjoyed your parade in pictures! I also enjoyed 'The Friendly Beast' !! Hope you're enjoying a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are some really neat pictures...I would love for our little town to have a night time parade. Love all the beautiful lights ...they have a way of making us all happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun parade and yes I think you should join in. The Christmas Village is cute too! Thank you for sharing "The Friendly Beasts."

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun traditions to look forward to and participate in!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely post to see and read.
    My good wishes to you and your family in 2023.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!